Cat #: STC-400
Alternative Name μ-Conotoxin P3.7
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 2604 Da
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 10 nM - 1 μM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys4-Cys16, Cys5-Cys21, and Cys11-Cys22. Cys22 - C-terminal amidation, Hydroxyprolines at Pro8 and Pro18 and Pyrrolidone carboxylic acid at Q1.
Molecular formula C103H165N40O28S6.
Activity μ-Conotoxin PIIIA reversibly blocks mammalian skeletal muscle voltage-gated Na+ channels (NaV1.4, IC50 of 44 nM), Type II (NaV1.2) and PN1 (NaV1.7) neuronal voltage-gated Na+ channels (IC50 of 640 nM) by binding to site I domain of the channel. In addition, it blocks irreversibly amphibian muscle Na+ channels1.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs μ-Conotoxin PIIIA inhibits NaV1.4 channel currents expressed in Xenopus oocytes.NaV1.4 currents were elicited by application of voltage ramp of 60 ms from holding potential of -100 mV to +40 mV. A. Time course of peak current amplitude before (black) and during (green) application of 20 nM μ-Conotoxin PIIIA (#STC-400) applied for 180 s. B. Superimposed example current traces before (black) and during (green) application of the toxin, taken from the experiment in A.
References - Scientific background
Scientific background µ-Conotoxin PIIIA is a 22 amino acid peptidyl toxin isolated from the Conus purpurascens (Purple cone) venom and belongs to the conotoxin M superfamily1. It reversibly blocks mammalian skeletal muscle voltage-gated Na+ channels (NaV1.4, IC50 of 44 nM), Type II (NaV1.2) and PN1 (NaV1.7) neuronal voltage-gated Na+ channels (IC50 of 640 nM) by binding to site I domain of the channel1-3. In addition, it irreversibly blocks amphibian muscle Na+ channels1.
Target Various NaV channels
Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 14/03/2022
µ-Conotoxin PIIIA (#STC-400) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002)
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#ASC-008)
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-027)
- BmKI Toxin (#STB-100)
- Tetrodotoxin citrate (#T-550)
- GsAF-I (#STG-300)
- PF-05186462 (#P-365)
- NaV1.7-Compound 36 (#CMN-003)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-105)
- NaV Channel Activator Explorer Kit (#EK-203)
Shipping and Ordering information