Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs α-Asarone blocks NaV1. 3 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of NaV1.3 current amplitude and inhibition by 100 and 500 µM α-Asarone (#A-260). Currents were elicited by application of a 100 ms voltage step to -10 mV (H.P= -100mV) every 10 seconds. B. Superimposed example traces of current responses before and during perfusion of 100 and 500 µM α-Asarone, as indicated.
α-Asarone is an active component of the Chinese medicinal plant Acorus tatarinouii Schott and exhibits a variety of pharmacological activities such as anti-hyperlipidemic, anti-coagulant, anti-tumor, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory1,2.
The neuroprotective actions of α-asarone are exhibited through the blockade of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor and by inhibition of nitric oxide (NO) overproduction in brain tissue. α-Asarone also exhibits anti-oxidative properties, reduces levels of superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and glutathione peroxidase in the hippocampus against noise-stress and in various seizure models3.
Recent studies have shown that α-asarone has the ability to improve multiple physiological actions, to produce a variety of pharmacological actions in the CNS and modulate immune system functions. The anti-convulsant activity of α-asarone has been reported in several recent studies in epileptic seizure animal models3.
α-Asarone was shown to be effective in attenuating foam cell formation and enhancing cholesterol efflux4. In addition, it protects against angiotensin II-mediated damage of endothelial cells and can be developed for the prevention of injury to cardiovascular tissues2.
α-Asarone may serve as a preventive and regenerative therapeutic agent to promote neurogenesis against age-related neurodegeneration and neurodegenerative disorders5.
α-Asarone (#A-260) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#ASC-001)
- Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002-GP)
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody (#ASC-008-FR)
- Anti-Pan NaV Antibody (#ASC-003)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGA-001-AG)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-GABA(A) β1 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-010)
- Anti-GABA(A) ε Receptor (GABRE) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-015)
- Guinea pig Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001-GP)
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGC-002-AG)
- Anti-NMDAR3B (GRIN3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-031)
- Anti-TrkB (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-019)
- Anti-TrkB (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-019-F)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- NaV Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-375)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-105)
- TTX-Resistant NaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-106)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-420)
- GABA(A) Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-360)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-350)
- NMDA Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-214)
- Neurotrophin Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-238)