This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 in whole mount staining of mouse Gastrocnemius muscle.Whole mount staining of mouse Gastrocnemius muscle stained with the neuromuscular junction marker α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 (#B-100-AG), (green) at 1:50 (A) and 1:100 (B) ratios.
The images were taken using Nikon Epifluorescence microscopy at X100 magnification and are a kind gift from Dr. Eran Perlsson, Dept. of Physiology and Pharmacology, Tel-Aviv University.Alomone Labs α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 inhibits α7 nAChR heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of α7 nAChR current recording. Membrane potential was held at -60 mV and constantly perfused with a solution containing 3 μM PNU-120596. 1 mM ACh was applied for 2 seconds every 90 seconds, in order to stimulate the channel’s current. 200 nM α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 (#B-100-AG) was applied (green) during the ACh application and inhibited channel current. B. Superimposed examples of α7 nicotinic ACh current in the absence (black) and presence (green) of 200 nM α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 (taken from the experiment in A).
α-Bungarotoxin isoform A31 is a 74 amino acid peptidyl toxin isolated from the venom of the banded krait snake, Bungarus multicinctus1.
α-Bungarotoxin blocks postsynaptic neuromuscular transmission via competitive inhibition of nicotinic ACh receptors (nAChRs) with an IC50 of 3.5 x 10-10 M, thereby preventing the depolarizing action on postsynaptic membranes and blocking neuromuscular transmission2.
α-Bungarotoxin also binds to and blocks a subset of GABAA receptors (GABAARs) that contain the GABAAR β3 subunit. In particular, α-Bungarotoxin blocks GABAARs that contain interfaces between adjacent β3 subunits5.
α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-488 (#B-100-AG) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active conjugated peptide toxin.
We gladly take on collaboration projects. Please Contact Us.
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α3 (CHRNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-003)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ANC-007-FR)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANC-007-F)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β4 (CHRNB4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-014)
- Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsActivators/Agonists: small moleculesModulators: peptides/peptide toxins
- Explorer kits