This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 inhibits muscle nACh receptors heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of muscle nicotinic ACh channel current recording. Membrane potential was held at -80 mV and stimulated every 100 sec with a solution containing 100 µM ACh + 3 μM PNU-120596. 50 nM α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 (#B-100-FR) was applied (green) for 5 min during the ACh application and inhibited channel current. B. Superimposed examples of muscle nicotinic ACh current in the absence (black) and presence (green) of 50 nM α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 (taken from the experiment in A).
α-Bungarotoxin isoform A31 is a 74 amino acid peptidyl toxin isolated from the venom of the banded krait snake, Bungarus multicinctus1.
α-Bungarotoxin blocks postsynaptic neuromuscular transmission via competitive inhibition of nicotinic ACh receptors (nAChRs) with an IC50 of 3.5 x 10-10 M, thereby preventing the depolarizing action on postsynaptic membranes and blocking neuromuscular transmission2.
α-Bungarotoxin also binds to and blocks a subset of GABAA receptors (GABAARs) that contain the GABAAR β3 subunit. In particular, α-Bungarotoxin blocks GABAARs that contain interfaces between adjacent β3 subunits5.
Alomone Labs α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 in whole mount staining of mice neuromuscular junction (NMJ)Whole mount staining of mouse neuromuscular junction (NMJ) was stained with the NMJ marker α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 (#B-100-FR) (purple) at 1 µg/ml concentration.The image was taken using Nikon Epifluorescence microscopy at 60X magnification and is kindly provided by Dr. Eran Perlsson, Dept. of Physiology and Pharmacology, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv, Israel.
α-Bungarotoxin-ATTO-633 (#B-100-FR) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active conjugated peptide toxin.
We gladly take on collaboration projects. Please Contact Us.
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α3 (CHRNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-003)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ANC-007-FR)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANC-007-F)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β4 (CHRNB4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-014)