This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Alomone Labs δ-Dendrotoxin blocks KV1.1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of δ-Dendrotoxin (#D-380) inhibition of KV1.1 current. Membrane potential was held at -100 mV, current was elicited by a 100 ms voltage ramp to +20 mV every 10 sec, and significantly inhibited by 0.5 nM δ-Dendrotoxin (green). B. Superimposed traces of KV1.1 current following application of control (black) and of 0.5 nM δ-Dendrotoxin (green), taken from the recording in A.
δ-Dendrotoxin is isolated from Dendroaspis angusticeps1 snake venom by modification of the procedures of Harvey2 and Benishin1 and purified to homogeneity.
δ-Dendrotoxin blocks KV1.1 channels (IC50 = 0.1 nM,3 for review see4). The toxin was shown to block also KV1.6 (IC50= 23 nM).4 In addition δ-Dendrotoxin blocks ROMK1 inward rectifier K+ channels with Kd of 150 nM.3
δ-Dendrotoxin (#D-380) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Meneses, D. et al. (2015) Synapse. 69, 446.
- Coulson, E.J. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28, 315.
- Guan, D. et al. (2006) J. Physiol. 571.2, 371.
- Khavandgar, S. et al. (2005) J. Physiol. 569.2, 545.
- Owen, D.G. et al. (1997) Br. J. Pharmacol. 120, 1029.
- Southan, A.P. and Owen, D.G. (1997) Br. J. Pharmacol. 122, 335.