This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Newman, A.S. et al. (2013) Br. J. Pharmacol. 169, 1228.
Alomone Labs 5-Chloroindole potentiates the response to 5-HT of 5-HT3A receptors expressed in HEK 293T cells.5-HT3A receptor currents were elicited by 1 µM 5-HT, delivered every 3 minutes. 5-Chloroindole (#C-260) was applied 30 seconds before stimulation at 1, 10 and 100 µM, as indicated and enhanced the 5-HT induced current in a dose dependent and reversible manner.
5-chloroindole is a potent and selective allosteric modulator of the 5-HT3 receptor that displays micromolar potency.
5-HT3 receptor belongs to the Cys-loop ligand-gated ion channel superfamily. It mediates fast synaptic neurotransmission in neurons of both the central and peripheral nervous systems.
5-chloroindole can asisst in the investigation of the molecular basis for allosteric modulation of the 5-HT3 receptor and may contribute for the discovery of novel therapeutic drugs targeting 5-HT3 receptor1. 5-chloroindole is also used as a strong inhibitor of the copper dissolution in acidic sodium chloride solution2. Several different studies have been shown that 5-chloroindole has the ability to decrease serotonin levels in the brainstem and in the telencephalon3.
5–Chloroindole (#C-260) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Granisetron hydrochloride (#G-105)
- Tropisetron hydrochloride (#T-125)
- Ondansetron hydrochloride (#O-110)
- Azasetron hydrochloride (#Y-100)
- SDZ 205-557 hydrochloride (#S-145)
- VUF 10166 (#V-115)
- Zacopride hydrochloride (#Z-110)
- Talipexole dihydrochloride (#B-140)
- 5-HT3 Receptor Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-209)