Cat #: STC-520
Alternative Name Alpha-A-O4a, Alpha-A-OIVA
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 1848 Da
Purity: >99% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 100 - 250 nM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys1-Cys9, Cys2-Cys14 and Cys12-Cys18. X=Hydroxyproline. Cys18 - C-terminal amidation.
Molecular formula C70H110N24O23S6.
Activity αA-Conotoxin OIVA blocks α1/β1/g/d (fetal muscle) nAChR1.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs αA-Conotoxin-OIVA inhibits the muscle (α1/β1/δ/γ) nAChR channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of αA-Conotoxin OIVA (#STC-520) action on α1/β1/δ/γ nAChR channels. Current amplitudes were plotted as a function of time. Membrane potential was held at –80 mV and oocytes were stimulated by exposure to solution containing 100 µM ACh + 3 µM PNU-120596 every 50 seconds. Muscle nAChR currents are inhibited by 2.5 min application of 100 nM (green) and 250 nM (red) (as indicated). B. Superimposed traces of α1/β1/δ/γ nAChR channel current in the absence (control) and presence of 100 nM (green) and 250 nM αA-Conotoxin OIVA (red) (taken from the experiment in A).
References - Scientific background
- Teichert, R.W. et al. (2006) Biochemistry 45, 1304.
Scientific background αA-Conotoxin OIVA (αA-OIVA) is a peptidyl toxin originally isolated from Conus obscures and belongs to the family of short αA-conotoxins (αAS) which includes αA-OIVA, αA-OIVB, αA-PeIVA, and αA-PeIVB. αA-Conotoxin OIVA blocks the fetal muscular subtype nicotinic acetylcholine receptor (α1/β1/γ/δ subunits) (IC50 = 0.51 nM) with 600-fold greater affinity than the adult subtype (IC50 = 310 nM). It completely blocks the elicited currents and it dissociates very slowly from the fetal muscle receptor. This toxin causes an apparently irreversible paralysis upon intramuscular injection into gold fish.1
Target α1/β1/γ/δ nAChR
Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 02/01/2022
αA-Conotoxin OIVA (#STC-520) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- αA-Conotoxin PIVA (#STC-600)
- Azemiopsin (#STA-100)
- α-Conotoxin EI (#STC-900)
- α-Conotoxin GI (#STC-500)
- α-Conotoxin MI (#STC-370)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β1 (CHRNB1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-011)
- nAChR Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-202)
- nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-205)
Shipping and Ordering information