Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Abbas, N. et al. (2008) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 376, 525.
- Alomone Labs Aam-KTX inhibits KV1.3 channel currents expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of Aam-KTX (#STA-110) action on KV1.3 channels current. Peak current amplitude recorded at +55 mV was plotted as a function of time. Membrane potential was held at -100 mV and oocytes were stimulated by a 100 ms voltage ramp to +60 mV. 0.5 nM Aam-KTX was perfused as indicated by the bar (green). B. Superimposed examples of KV1.3 channel current in the absence (control) and presence (green) of 0.50 nM Aam-KTX (taken from the experiment in A).
KTxs are scorpion peptide toxins that act on voltage-gated K+ channels which can be divided into four groups: α, β, γ, and κ. Aam-KTX is an analogue of Kaliotoxin that originates from Androctonus amoreuxi scorpion venom. It contains a conserved α-helix/β-sheet structural motif composed of a single α-helix and one β-sheet of two antiparallel strands. KTxs primarily affects voltage-gated Shaker-related and ether-a-go-go-related gene (ERG) K+ channels and Ca2+-activated K+ channels of high, intermediate, or small conductance1,2. IC50 values of Aam-KTX for KV1.3 channel and KV1.2 are 1.1 ± 0.02 and 10.4 ± 1.5 nM, respectively1.
Potassium channels are a large family of membrane proteins ubiquitously distributed in excitable and nonexcitable cells. These channels play a major role in different physiological processes1.
Aam-KTX (#STA-110) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) Antibody (#APC-002)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101-GP (formerly AGP-005))
- Anti-KV1.2 (KCNA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-162)
- Anti-KV1.2 (KCNA2) Antibody (#APC-010)
- Kaliotoxin-1 (#STK-370)
- Dendrotoxin-K (#D-400)
- α-Dendrotoxin (#D-350)
- δ-Dendrotoxin (#D-380)
- Stichodactyla Toxin-Biotin (#STS-400-B)
- Shaker (KV1) Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-219)
- Shaker (KV1) Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-107)