This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs AM 404 activates TRPV1 channels heterologously expressed in C-6 cells.Cells were loaded with Fluo-3AM and changes in intracellular Ca2+ were measured. Normalized fluorescence before (control, gray dotted line) and after application of 1 µM and 2 µM AM 404 (#A-190), (black lines, as indicated).
De Petrocellis, L. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 483, 52.
Fegley, D. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 101, 8756.
Glaser, S.T. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 100, 4269.
Rogosch, T. et al. (2012) Bioorg. Med. Chem. 20, 101.
Guhring, H. et al. (2002) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 454, 153.
Beltramo, M. et al. (1997) Science 277, 1094.
Rodella, L.F. et al. (2005) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 508, 139.
- N-arachidonoylaminophenol (AM 404) belongs to a group of bioactive N-acylamines. It is a potent activator of TRPV1 (EC50 = 26 nM)1, and a CB1 cannabinoid receptor ligand2. Recent work on the mechanism of AM 404 has suggested that the inhibition of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) by AM 404 (IC50 = 6 μΜ) is likely responsible for all of its attributed "reuptake" properties, since intracellular FAAH hydrolysis of anandamide changes the intra/extracellular anandamide equilibrium3. AM 404 also inhibits cyclooxygenase COX-1 and COX-2, thus attenuating prostaglandin synthesis4. AM 404 produces analgesia in the mouse formalin and hot plate tests5 and potentiates the analgesic effect of anandamide in the mouse hot plate test6. Furthermore, AM 404 decreases the expression of c-fos in the spinal cord of neuropathic rats, an effect inhibited by both TRPV1 and cannabinoid receptor antagonists7.
AM 404 (#A-190) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#AGP-118)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-029-AG)
- Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor 1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-001)
- Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor 1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ACR-001-F)