This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Amlodipine inhibits L-type voltage-gated Ca2+ currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of CaV1.2/α2-δ1/β2a (L-type) current inhibition by 10 µM Amlodipine (#A-110). Currents were elicited by application of voltage steps from a holding potential of -100 mV to 0 mV (100 msec). B. Superimposed example traces of current responses before and during perfusion of 10 µM Amlodipine as indicated.
L-type (CaV1) voltage-gated Ca2+ channels are plasma membrane protein complexes which allow the passage of Ca2+ ions into cells following depolarization of the membrane potential. L-type channels are widely expressed in cardiac and smooth muscle where they control contraction. Consequently, these channels were recognized as a therapeutic target for cardiovascular diseases1,2.
Dihydropyridines (DHP) are molecules that act as allosteric modulators of L-type channels. Many are used in the clinic to treat hypertension2,3. Amlodipine besylate is a DHP that acts as an L-type, voltage-gated Ca2+ channel blocker and is used in the clinic to treat hypertension3,4. Amlodipine inhibits Ca2+-induced contractions in depolarised rat aorta (IC50 1.9 nM) but displays a very slow action onset. Contractions induced by depolarising steps with 45 mM K+ are far less potently blocked by amlodipine (IC50 19.4 nM) and guinea pig papillary muscle single-cell slow action potentials are blocked at a concentration of 5 mM4. Amlodipine besylate inhibits L- and T-type CaV channels with similar potency5.
Amlodipine (#A-110) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-CaV1.1 (CACNA1S) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-314)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG)
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#AGP-061)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311)
- Anti-CACNA1G (CaV3.1) Antibody (#ACC-021)
- Anti-CaV3.2 (CACNA1H) Antibody (#ACC-025)
- Anti-CaV3.3 (CACNA1I) Antibody (#ACC-009)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- L-Type CaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-103)
- T-Type CaV Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-111)
- Classical Ion Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-355)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Overexpressing Membrane Fraction (#LX-104)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Antibody and Membrane Fractions Kit (#LK-104A)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-100)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-100)
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-100)
- T-Type CaV Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-101)
- T-Type CaV Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-101)
- T-Type CaV Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-101)