- Peptide (C)KMPSSEPELIQVKNE, corresponding to amino acid residues 502-516 of mouse SLC1A5 (Accession P51912). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and rat brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-ASCT2 (SLC1A5) Antibody (#ANT-082), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-ASCT2 (SLC1A5) Antibody, preincubated with ASCT2/SLC1A5 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT082).
- Expression of ASCT2 in mouse hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-ASCT2 (SLC1A5) Antibody (#ANT-082), (1:200), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. ASCT2 staining appears in a layer (arrows) adjacent to the dentate granule layer (GL). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
ASCT2 is an alanine-serine-cysteine amino acid transporter and solute linked carrier family 1 member A5 (SLC1A5). It functions as an essential high-affinity glutamine transporter. It also functions as a Na+-dependent transporter for alanine, serine and cysteine. The transport process is electroneutral which involves the Na+-coupled influx of glutamine to the Na+-coupled efflux of another substrate such as alanine, serine or cysteine. ASCT2 is expressed various peripheral tissues such as the lung and kidney1,2. ASCT2 has an important contribution to the homeostasis of amino acid metabolism within tumor cells3.
ASCT2 seems to be up regulated in several cancerous tissues such as stomach, liver, kidney, breast, prostate, skin, colorectal, pancreatic, tongue and lung cancers. Studies have shown that ASCT2 is necessary for activating critical survival and cellular growth signaling cascades in cancer, which includes mTOR and ERK pathways. It has been shown that knockdown of ASCT2 in prostate cancer cell line xenograft models significantly inhibit tumor growth and metastasis in vivo. Thus, ASCT2 is a potential cancer therapeutic target1,2.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-ASCT2 (SLC1A5) Antibody (#ANT-082) is a highly selective antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry analysis. It has been designed to recognize SLC1A5 from mouse and rat samples. It will not recognize human ASCT2.
- Anti-Human ASCT2/SLC1A5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-083). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting ASCT2. This antibody recognizes ASCT2 from human samples only.
- Anti-Human ASCT2/SLC1A5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-083). This antibody can be used to detect ASCT2 in live cell flow cytometry. This antibody recognizes ASCT2 from human samples only.
- Anti-ASCT1 (SLC1A4) Antibody (#ANT-081)
- Anti-GLUT1 Antibody (#AGT-021)
- Anti-GLUT3 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-023)
- Anti-Serotonin Transporter (SERT) (extracellular) Antibody (#AMT-004)
- Anti-SLC38A1 Antibody (#ANT-184)
- Anti-SLC6A14 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-015)
- Anti-SLC7A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-103)
- Anti-SLC7A2 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-103-F)
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-111)
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-111-F)