This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
Peptide (C)TTKINMDDLQPSENEDKS, corresponding to amino acid residues 848-865 of rat CaV1.2 (Accession P22002). Intracellular loop between domains II and III.
Expression of CaV1.2 in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of rat cerebellum frozen sections with Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG), (1:100). Both dendrites of Purkinje cells (horizontal arrows) and fibers of Bergmann glia (vertical arrows) were stained. DAPI (blue Nissl counterstain) helps define the layers: granule (G), Purkinje (P) and molecular (M).Expression of CaV1.2 in rat pancreasImmunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded sections of rat pancreas using Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG), (1:50). Staining is highly specific for endocrine cells of the Isle of Langerhans (IL).
Expression of CaV1.2 in mouse pancreatic microvascular endothelial cells (MS1)Immunocytochemical staining of MS1 cells. A. Intracellular staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized MS1 cells with Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG), (1:50). B. The cell-permeable dye Hoechst 33342 (blue) was used for nuclear staining. C. Merged image of panels A and B.
All L-type calcium channels are encoded by one of the CaV1 channel genes. These channels play a major role as a Ca2+ entry pathway in skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscles as well as in neurons, endocrine cells and possibly in non-excitable cells such as hematopoetic and epithelial cells. All CaV1 channels are influenced by dihydropyridines (DHP) and are also referred to as DHP receptors.
While the CaV1.1 and CaV1.4 isoforms are expressed in restricted tissues (skeletal muscle and retina, respectively), the expression of CaV1.2 is ubiquitous and CaV1.3 channels are found in the heart, brain and pancreas. Several peptidyl toxins are described that are specific L-type channel blockers, but so far no selective blocker for one of the CaV1 isoforms have been described. These include the Mamba toxins Calcicludine (#SPC-650), Calciseptine (#C-500) and FS-2 (#F-700).
Species reactivity key:
Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat CaV1.2 channel. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize CaV1.2 from mouse, rat, and human samples.
Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG) is directly labeled with an ATTO-488 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-488 label is analogous to fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and can be used with filters typically used to detect FITC. Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO-488 Antibody has been tested in immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical applications and is specially suited to experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003) for western blot analysis.
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013).
This antibody recognizes the CaV1.2a splice variant and thus can also be used as a control for detecting CaV1.2.
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022).
This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting CaV1.2.
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Overexpressed Membrane Fractions (#LX-104) are Xenopus oocyte membrane fractions overexpressing the CaV1.2 channel.
- CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Channel Antibody and Membrane Fractions Kit (#LK-104C). This kit includes the CaV1.2 membrane lysate, and Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001).
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003).
- Anti-CaV1.1 (CACNA1S) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-314)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#AGP-061)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-311)
- Anti-CaVpan α1 Antibody (#ACC-004)
- Anti-CACNA2D1 (CaVα2δ1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-015)
Blockers/Antagonists: small moleculesActivators/Agonists: small molecules
Explorer kitsResearch packs