This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)HEHVDRYVPHREHNHRE, corresponding to amino acid residues 571-587 of rat CACNB2 (Accession Q8VGC3). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain membranes:1,2. Anti-CACNB2 Antibody (#ACC-105), (1:800).
3,4. Anti-CACNB2 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
Voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels are a family of membrane proteins that allow cells to couple electrical activity to intracellular Ca2+ signaling1. Voltage-gated Ca2+ channels are classified as T, L, N, P, Q and R, and are distinguished by their sensitivity to pharmacological blocks, single-channel conductance kinetics, and voltage-dependence.
On the basis of their voltage activation properties, voltage-gated Ca2+ subtypes can be further divided into two broad groups: the low (T-type) and high (L, N, P, Q and R-type) threshold-activated channels2. The activity of the channel pore is modulated by 4 tightly-coupled subunits: an intracellular β subunit; a transmembrane γ subunit; and a disulphide-linked complex of α2 and δ subunits3. There are four distinct β subunits: β1, β2, β3 and β44. There are 4 splice variants of the β2 subunit: β2a, β2b, β2c and β2d. β2a and β2b are expressed in heart, aorta and brain, and are 606- and 632-residue proteins, respectively. β2c and β2d (655 and 604 residues, respectively) are expressed in brain, and recent studies show beta-2c to be also expressed in heart. All splice variants differ in their N-terminal regions5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-CACNB2 Antibody (#ACC-105) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat CaVβ2. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize CaVβ2 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-CACNB1 Antibody (#ACC-106)
- Anti-CACNB3 Antibody (#ACC-008)
- Anti-CACNA2D1 (CaVα2δ1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-015)
- Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-102)
- Anti-CACNA2D4 (CaVα2δ4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-104)
- Anti-Stargazin Antibody (#ACC-012)
- Anti-CACNG4 Antibody (#ACC-114)