- Peptide CNGRMPNIAKDVFTK, corresponding to amino acid residues 1053-1067 of rat CaV3.3 (Accession number Q9Z0Y8). Intracellular, between domains II and III.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-CaV3.3 (CACNA1I) Antibody (#ACC-009), (1:200).
2. Anti-CaV3.3 (CACNA1I) Antibody, preincubated with Cav3.3/CACNA1I Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC009).
- Mouse hindbrain (Moruzzi, A.M. et al. (2009) J. Physiol. 587, 5081.).
- Human sperm cells (1:50) (Zhang, D. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 22332.).
T-type Ca2+ channels play an important role in many cellular processes such as hormone secretion, neurotransmitter release and cell differentiation.
T-type channels are also known to participate in the pacemaker activities of the heart and neurons including thalamic neurons.1 Three genes encoding T-type Ca2+ channels have been cloned and designated as CaV3.1 (CACNA1G), CaV3.2 (CACNA1H) and CaV3.3 (CACNA1I).1-3
While CaV3.1 and CaV3.2 are widely expressed in various tissues, CaV3.3 is primarily expressed in the central nervous system, where high expression has been described in thalamic neurons.
The Ca2+ current generated by the CaV3.3 channel displays much slower activation and inactivation compared to the currents produced by CaV3.1 and CaV3.2, suggesting it might play a different role in neuronal excitability.1,4
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an intracellular epitope of the CaV3.3 channel. Anti-CaV3.3 (CACNA1I) Antibody (#ACC-009) can be used in western blot, immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical applications. It has been designed to recognize CaV3.3 from rat, human and mouse samples.
- Human artery lysates (1:200).
Harraz, O.F. et al. (2015) J. Gen. Physiol. 145, 405.
- Mouse hindbrain.
Moruzzi, A.M. et al. (2009) J. Physiol. 587, 5081.
- Human sperm cells (1:50).
Zhang, D. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 22332.
- Anti-CACNA1G (CaV3.1) Antibody (#ACC-021)
- Anti-CaV3.2 (CACNA1H) Antibody (#ACC-025)
- Anti-CACNA2D1 (CaVα2δ1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-015)
- Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-102)
- Anti-CACNA2D4 (CaVα2δ4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-104)
- Anti-CACNA2D4 (CaVα2δ4) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ACC-104-AR)