- Peptide (C)DRNWQRNRPWPKDSY, corresponding to amino acid residues 463-477 of rabbit CACNB3 (Accession P54286). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-CACNB3 Antibody (#ACC-008), (1:200).
2. Anti-CACNB3 Antibody, preincubated with CACNB3 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC008).
- Expression of CACNB3 (CaVβ3) in rat hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of rat hippocampus with Anti-CACNB3 Antibody (#ACC-008). A. CaVβ3 (red) appears in neurons (arrows). B. Staining of nerve cells with mouse anti-parvalbumin demonstrates the restriction of CaVβ3 to cell bodies. C. Merged image of panels A and B.
- A7r5 cell line, derived from the rat thoracic aorta (1:400) (Uchida, R. et al. (2003) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 466, 53.).
The β3 protein is an auxiliary subunit of the CaV (voltage-dependent calcium) channel multimer complex. Four β isoforms were identified in mammalian genomes and they share some sequence as well as structure homology.1-3 The structure of CaVβ3 was recently determined (as well as other CaVβ subunits; for review see reference 3). CaVβ subunits are cytoplasmic proteins, that bind the cytoplasmic face of the pore forming CaV α1 subunits. These interactions have profound effects on channel trafficking to the plasma membrane as well as on current parameters such as voltage-dependent kinetics and interactions with modulatory proteins.1,2 CaVβ3 might interact with all the pore-forming subunits that have been tested and in vivo is expressed in smooth muscle, trachea, aorta, lung and brain.1
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rabbit CaVβ3. Anti-CACNB3 Antibody (#ACC-008) can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry applications. The antibody has been designed to recognize CaVβ3 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Transfected HEK 293 cell lysate (1:5000).
Bourdin, B. et al. (2015) J. Biol. Chem. 290, 2854.
- A7r5 cell line, derived from the rat thoracic aorta (1:400).
Uchida, R. et al. (2003) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 466, 53.
- Anti-CACNB1 Antibody (#ACC-106)
- Anti-CACNB2 Antibody (#ACC-105)
- Anti-CACNB2-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ACC-105-AR)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ACC-003-AG)
- Anti-Human CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-022)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- Anti-CACNA2D1 (CaVα2δ1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-015)
- Anti-Stargazin Antibody (#ACC-012)