This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EINKLLSEQDGSLK, corresponding to amino acid residues 216-228 of mouse Connexin-31 (Accession P28231). Intracellular, C-terminus
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain membranes:1,2. Anti-Connexin-31 (GJB3) Antibody (#ACC-213), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-Connexin-31 (GJB3) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- 1. He, L.Q. et al. (2005) Acta Biochim. Biophys. Sin. (Shanghai) 37, 547.
- 2. Terrinoni, A. et al. (2004) J. Invest. Dermatol. 122, 837.
- 3. Tattersall, D. et al. (2009) Hum. Mol. Genet. 18, 4734.
- 4. Chi, J. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e32531.
- 5. Abrams, C.K. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 103, 5213.
Connexins (Cxs) are the major components of gap junctions, aqueous pores that connect the cytoplasms of two adjacent cells and allow the transfer of ions and small molecules less than 1 kDa between them. Connexins structure includes four trans-membrane domains M1–M4, two extracellular domains E1–E2 and three cytoplasmic domains. The cytoplasmic domains include cytoplasmic loop and carboxy-terminus which are characteristic of each connexin. The membrane spanning and the extracellular domain are highly conserved1,2.
Six connexins proteins forms a connexon, also called hemichannel, which can traffic to the plasma membrane and dock with a hemichannel from an adjacent cell to form an intercellular channel. Paracrine signaling and the propagation of Ca2+ waves are two examples of hemichannels functional roles at the plasma membrane. To date, 19 connexin genes have been found in the mouse genome and 20 in the human genome1,3.
Connexin 31 (CX31) is highly expressed in the stratum granulosum in the upper differentiating layer of the epidermis. Expression is also detected in peripheral nerves and the cochlea, testis of adults, in placenta, and in developing hindbrain4,5.
Mutations in Connexin 31 are associated with multiple human diseases including the genetic skin disorder erythrokeratodermia variabilis, hearing impairment and peripheral neuropathy4.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Connexin-31 (GJB3) Antibody (#ACC-213) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize Cx31 from rat and mouse samples. It will unlikely recognize the protein from human samples.
- Anti-Connexin-26 (GJB2) Antibody (#ACC-212)
- Anti-Connexin-32 Antibody (#ACC-211)
- Anti-Connexin-36 Antibody (#ACC-209)
- Anti-Connexin-36-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-209-AG)
- Anti-Connexin-37 Antibody (#ACC-204)
- Anti-Connexin-40 (GJA5) Antibody (#ACC-205)
- Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201)
- Anti-Connexin-45 (GJC1) Antibody (#ACC-207)
- Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141)