This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EVKELAPHPSGLR, corresponding to amino acid residues 170-182 of rat Connexin-36 (Accession O70610). Intracellular loop.
- Expression of Connexin-36 in rat spinal cordImmunohistochemical staining of Connexin-36 in rat spinal cord frozen sections using Anti-Connexin-36-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-209-AG). A. Cx36 (green) immunoreactive grains scattered along layer I of the dorsal horn (arrows). B. Nuclei were demonstrated using DAPI (blue) as the counterstain. C. Merged image of panel A and panel B.
- 1. Peng, Y.F. et al. (2012) Chin. Med. J. 125, 2365.
- 2. Condorelli, D.F. et al. (2000) Brain Res. Brain. Res. Rev. 32, 72.
- 3. Condorelli, D.F. et al. (2003) Eur. J. Neurosci. 18, 1807.
- 4. Marina, N. et al. (2008) Auton. Neurosci. 139, 15.
- 5. Hartfield, E.M. et al. (2011) PLoS ONE 6, e14746.
- 6. Wang, Y. et al. (2012) J. Neurosci. 32, 713.
The structural unit of the gap junctions is the connexon. Connexons are hexameric structures, formed by transcellular channels composed of connexins. Connexins (Cx) share a common structural basis, which is a four-transmembrane spanning protein, a cytoplasmic loop, two extracellular loops (E1–E2), one intracellular amino-(NT domain) and a carboxy-terminal (CT domain) region1.
Connexin 36 (Cx36) is predominantly expressed in mammalian neuronal cells2. Cx36 is expressed in a variety of mammalian brain regions, but expression is particularly notable in the inferior olive, cerebellar cortex, olfactory bulbs, several brainstem nuclei, the CA3 subregion of the hippocampus and reticular thalamic nuclei3. Outside of the central nervous system, Cx36 also appears in motoneurons of adult rat spinal cord 4.
Studies have shown that Cx36 is involved in some neural functions, including neuronal neurogenesis, neural fertility control and regulation of waking and sleep states, and also Cx36 plays an important role in N-methyl-D-aspartate-mediated neuronal death following neuronal injury5. A number of studies performed in humans and animals have confirmed the role of Cx36 in the generation and maintenance of seizure activity6.
IF- Immunofluorescence, IHC- Immunohistochemistry, IP- Immunoprecipitation, LCI- Live cell imaging, N- Neutralization, WB- Western blot
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Connexin-36 Antibody (#ACC-209) is a highly specific antibody targeted against an epiotpe of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize Cx36 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
Anti-Connexin-36-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-209-AG) is directly labeled with an ATTO-488 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-488 label is analogous to the well-known dye fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and can be used with filters typically used to detect FITC. Anti-Connexin-36-ATTO-488 Antibody is specially suited to experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Anti-Connexin-26 (GJB2) Antibody (#ACC-212)
- Anti-Connexin-29 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-223)
- Anti-Connexin-31 (GJB3) Antibody (#ACC-213)
- Anti-Connexin-32 Antibody (#ACC-211)
- Anti-Connexin-37 Antibody (#ACC-204)
- Anti-Connexin-40 (GJA5) Antibody (#ACC-205)
- Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201)
- Anti-Connexin-45 (GJC1) Antibody (#ACC-207)
- Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#AGP-141)