This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)THHFKDAFSGRDTS, corresponding to amino acid residues 218-231 of mouse cystine/glutamate transporter (Accession Q9WTR6). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of human brain glioblastoma cell line (U-87 MG) lysate:1. Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody (1:200).
2. Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain (lanes 2 and 5) and rat stomach (lanes 3 and 6) lysates:1-3. Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-111), (1:800).
4-6. Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
The SLC7 family is divided into two subgroups, the cationic amino acid transporters (the CAT family, SLC7A1–4) and the glycoprotein-associated amino acid transporters (the gpaAT family, SLC7A5–11) also called light chains or catalytic chains of the hetero(di)meric amino acid transporters (HAT). The gene SLC7A11 encodes the xCT protein (also known as Cystine/glutamate transporter).
xCT, as well as other HATs, is comprised of a light chain with 12 non-glycosylated transmembrane helices and is associated with the glycosylated heavy chain 4F2hc (CD98, SLC3A2) or rBAT (SLC3A1) through a conserved disulphide bridge. The COOH-terminus of the xCT is localized intracellularly. Association of the light and heavy chains is required for surface expression of the transporter which forms the heterodimeric amino acid transport system xc−. xCT is mainly expressed macrophages, brain, retinal pigment cells, liver and kidney. xCT expression is elevated in cells requiring high glutathione synthesis, such as activated macrophages, neuronal and glial cells and other cells after glutathione depletion1.
xCT operates in a Na+-independent and electroneutral mode, exchanging extracellular anionic cystine (with pH dependence) for glutamate with a stoichiometry of 1:1. The driving force for this exchange is generated by the cystine concentration gradient (intracellular reduction) and the high intracellular concentration of glutamate.
xCT has been suggested as a mediator of treatment resistance in cancer patients. In tumor cells, xCT plays a crucial role in regulating intracellular levels of glutathione which has been broadly implicated in resistance to chemotherapy2.
IF- Immunofluorescence, IHC- Immunohistochemistry, IP- Immunoprecipitation, LCI- Live cell imaging, N- Neutralization, WB- Western blot
Species reactivity key:
Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-111) is a highly selective antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse cystine/glutamate transporter. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and can potentially be used for detecting the protein in living cells. It has been designed to recognize xCT from human, mouse, and rat samples.
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-111-F)
- Anti-SLC7A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-103)
- Anti-SLC7A2 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-103-F)
- Anti-LAT1 (SLC7A5) Antibody (#ANT-105)
- Anti-SLC3A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-100)
- Anti-ASCT1 (SLC1A4) Antibody (#ANT-081)
- Anti-ASCT2 (SLC1A5) Antibody (#ANT-082)
- Anti-SLC6A14 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-015)