- Peptide (C)KVSSYHGSLHRSRDGR, corresponding to amino acid residues 581 - 596 of mouse Frizzled-3 (Accession Q61086). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and rat brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1-2. Anti-Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Antibody (#AFR-023), (1:200).
3-4. Anti-Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Antibody, preincubated with Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Blocking Peptide (BLP-FR023).
- Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Antibody (#AFR-023), (1:200).
2. Anti-Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Antibody, preincubated with Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Blocking Peptide (BLP-FR023).
- Expression of Frizzled-3 in mouse striatum.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Antibody (#AFR-023), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Frizzled-3 immunoreactivity (green) appears in neuronal profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Blocking Peptide (BLP-FR023), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Wang (2016), Genet. Mol. Res. 15 (1): gmr.15017152.
- Yanfeng. et al. (2006), J Biol Chem. , 281, 11603.
- Chang. et al. (2014), J Dermatol Sci, 75, 100.
- Hung. et al. (2001), J Invest Dermatol, 116, 940.
- Kishimoto. et al. (2008), Behav Brain Funct., 4, 37.
Frizzled 3, encoded by FZD3 gene, is a receptor in the Wnt/β-catenin pathway, a conserved signaling pathway that regulates gene expression and controls diverse developmental processes 1. It belongs to the Frizzled protein family that contains multiple hydrophobic domains predicted to form seven transmembrane helices, similar to G protein coupled receptors. Conserved sequences are found in the Frizzled proteins extracellular cysteine-rich domain (CRD), the putative transmembrane domains, parts of the intracellular loops and a juxtamembrane motif, KTXXXW, found in the membrane-proximal C-terminal region of all Frizzleds. The C-terminal tails, however, are highly divergent 2.
Frizzled-3 is constitutively expressed in murine melanocyte precursors, melanocytes and human melanocytes 3, it is also expressed in the epidermis of the developing embryo 4 and its expression levels are changing between different parts of the ovary throughout the process of embryogenesis 1. Because of its crucial role in regulating proper embryogenesis and its role in the development of the central nervous system, including synaptogenesis and structural plasticity, mutations in FZD3 gene were shown to have a significant association with the development of schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders 5.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-Frizzled-3 (FZD3) Antibody (#AFR-023) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize Frizzled-3 from mouse, rat and human samples.