This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)KAPPLVENEEAEPGR, corresponding to amino acid residues 10-24 of human GIPC1 (Accession O14908). Intracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-GIPC1 Antibody (#APZ-045), (1:400).
3,4. Anti-GIPC1 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of human U87-MG glioblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-GIPC1 Antibody (#APZ-045), (1:400).
2. Anti-GIPC1 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of GIPC1 in mouse and rat hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse and rat brain sections with Anti-GIPC1 Antibody (#APZ-045), (1:200), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. In mouse brain GIPC1 staining (green) appears in neurons of the pyramidal layer (P) and their apical dendrites (arrows). B. In rat brain similar staining is observed. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
GIPC1 belongs to a family of evolutionarily conserved adaptor proteins responsible for the trafficking of numerous transmembrane proteins via endocytosis. Members of GIPC (GAIP interacting protein, C-terminus) have three main domains responsible for protein interactions; a PDZ domain which is flanked by GH1 and GH2 domains. GH1 domain is responsible for the dimerization of the protein, while GH2 is important for the interaction of GIPC1 with MYO6, a retrograde motor protein involved in protein trafficking. The PDZ domain of GIPC1 is responsible for the protein to interact with numerous proteins; namely β1-adrenoceptor, D2 dopamine receptor, GLUT1, TrkA receptor just to name a few. The zebrafish ortholog also interacts with Neuropilin-21,2.
GIPC1 expression is upregulated in breast, ovarian and pancreas cancers2.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GIPC1 Antibody (#APZ-045) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GIPC1 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Anti-PSD-95 Antibody (#APZ-009)
- Anti-PICK1 Antibody (#APZ-014)
- Anti-α1-Syntrophin (SNTA1) Antibody (#APZ-021)
- Anti-β1-Adrenergic Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AAR-023)
- Anti-D2 Dopamine Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#ADR-002)
- Anti-GLUT1 Antibody (#AGT-021)
- Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-063)
- Anti-Neuropilin-2 (NRP2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-062)
- Anti-TrkA (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-018)