- Peptide (C)EYPKPIHPAGLQPTK, corresponding to amino acid residues 66 - 80 of rat GPR37L1 (Accession Q9QYC5). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and rat brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1-2. Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-050), (1:200). 3-4. Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with GPR37L1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-GR050).
- Western blot analysis of human U-87 MG glioblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-050), (1:200). 2. Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with GPR37L1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-GR050).
- Expression of GPR37L1 in rat cerebellum.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-050), (1:300), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. GPR37L1 immunoreactivity (green) appeared around Purkinje cell soma (arrows) and in the molecular layer (M). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with GPR37L1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-GR050), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Cell surface detection of GPR37L1 by indirect flow cytometry in live intact mouse BV-2 microglia cell line:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-050), (2.5µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Nicola J. Smith (2015), Frontiers in Pharmacology, 6, 275.
- Donohue et al, (1998), Mol. Brain Res., 54, 152.
- Meyer et al, (2013), Proc Natl Acad Sci, 110, 9529.
- Zeng et al, (1997), Biochem Biophys Res Commun., 233, 559.
- Zheng et al, (2019), Am J Physiol Renal Physiol., 316, F506.
G prtoein coupled receptor 37L1 (GPR37L1), also known as Endothelin B Receptor-Like Protein 2, is an orphan receptor (a receptor without an assigned ligand yet) that shares structural homology with the endothelin receptors family of GPCRs. 1
GPR37L1 is a 481 amino acid GPCR with 68% similarity and 48% identity to GPR37, another orphan endothelin receptor like GPR. In addition to the seven trans- membrane helixes typical for GPCRs, it has a cysteine cluster at the end of helix 8. 2
GPR37L1 has been shown to bind the neuroprotective and glioprotective factor prosaposin (PSAP), although later studies did not confirm prosaposin as a functional ligand. 3
GPR37L1 is highly expressed in the central nervous system, with some expression in the spinal cord, placenta, liver, stomach, and testis. 4,5
GPR37L1 signaling pathway was shown to have an effect on motor activity, blood pressure regulation, cellular development and protection from cytotoxic agents. Deletion of the receptor caused marked developmental changes in the cerebellum, and hence the discovery of the native ligand for this receptor and studying the signaling pathway that is induced by it, is of high medicinal importance 1.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-GPR37L1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-050) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the rat GPR37L1. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, and live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize GPR37L1 from mouse, rat and human samples.