- New New
This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)RNRFILD(S)RMKQGIS, corresponding to amino acid residues 261 - 275 of mouse GPR55 (Accession Q3UJF0). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3), and mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1, 2. Anti-GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-062), (1:500).
3, 4. Anti-GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of mouse BV-2 microglia cell line lysate:1. Anti-GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-062), (1:500).
2. Anti-GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of GPR55 in live intact mouse BV-2 microglia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-062), (2.5 µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
G protein coupled receptor 55 (GPR55) is a cannabinoid receptor activated by a number of endo‐, phyto‐ and synthetic cannabinoid ligands such as THC, JWH015 and anandamide1-3.
GPR55 is only 13.5% identical to the canonic cannabinoid receptor CB1 and 14.4% identical to CB2. Upon ligand binding, it initiates a signaling cascade quite distinct from those used by CB1 and CB2 that eventually leads to an increase in intracellular calcium levels.
GPR55 belongs to the Class A GPCRs. It shares many similarities with rhodopsin and as all other G-protein coupled receptors in its basic structure of seven transmembrane domains, intracellular C- terminus and extracellular N-terminal extensions4. The protein is highly expressed in large dorsal root ganglion neurons and its mRNA is present in the brain and periphery1.
GPR55 has a role in self‐renewing adult neural stem cell development and in hippocampal neurogenesis3. Experiments with mice in which GPR55 has been inactivated reveal a role for this receptor in neuropathic and inflammatory pain as well as in bone physiology. Thus deciphering the pharmacology of this receptor could lead to new therapeutics in these fields5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GPR55 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-062) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize GPR55 from human, rat, and mouse samples. The antibody will not recognize the human protein.
- Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor 1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-001)
- Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor 2 Antibody (#ACR-002)
- Anti-GPR119 Antibody (#AGR-032)
- Anti-GPR40/FFAR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AFR-011)
- Anti-Human Cannabinoid Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-003)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)