- Peptide (C)DQVETQA(S)TREQNR, corresponding to amino acid residues 103 - 116 of human TNFR2 (Accession P20333). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of human HL-60 acute promyelocytic leukemia cell line lysate (lanes 1 and 4), human K562 erythroleukemia cell line lysate (lanes 2 and 5) and human Daudi Burkitt's lymphoma cell line lysate (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-042), (1:200). 4-6. Anti-Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-NT042).
- Cell surface detection of TNFR2 by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human
THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-042), (2.5µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Medler and Wajant (2019), Expert Opin Ther Targets, 23, 295.
- Sheng et al (2018) Front Immunol, 9, 1170.
- Yang, S. et al (2018) Front Immunol, 9, 784.
Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (TNFR2) is a member of the TNF receptor superfamily (TNFRSF). TNFR2, together with TNF receptor 1 (TNFR1) are the receptors that transduce signals from the pleiotropic cytokine tumor necrosis factor (TNF) 1.
TNF is a 34 kDa type II transmembrane protein (and soluble variant) important in carcinogenesis and immunity. It was found to either promote or suppress the progression of cancer, depending on the receptor it binds. Signaling through TNFR1 induces strong proinflammatory activities and while TNFR2 has proinflammatory effects too, but it also elicits strong anti-inflammatory activities and has an anti-tumor effect 2.
TNFR2 expression is rather restricted to certain cell types, including myeloid cells, regulatory T-cells and glial cells. TNFR2 is also frequently expressed on tumor cells and on suppressive immune cells like myeloid-derived suppressor cells 2.
Based on these characteristics, TNFR2 agonists have already shown great potential as drugs for cancer therapy, can potentially exert an effect on heart regeneration, and even neuron regeneration in murine models of Parkinson’s disease 3.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-Human Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-042) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the human TNFRSF1B. The antibody can be used in western blot and live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize TNFR2 from human samples only.