This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
3-4. Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
KV1.3 belongs to the Shaker family of voltage-dependent K+ channels. The channel, encoded by KCNA3, is widely expressed in the brain, lung and osteoclasts and in several cell populations of hematopoietic origin. It is in these cells (particularly T lymphocytes) that KV1.3 function has centered a lot of attention. It was found that KV1.3 is the main channel responsible for maintaining the resting potential in quiescent cells and regulating the Ca2+ signaling that is indispensable for normal T lymphocyte activation.
Based on the central role of KV1.3 in regulating the initiation of an immune response, the channel has been recognized as a potential target for immunosuppressant drugs.
Species reactivity key:
Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-005) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize KV1.3 potassium channel from mouse, rat, and human samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as immuno-colocalization studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
Human head and neck tumor sections.
Chimote, A.A. et al. (2017) Cancer Res. 77, 53.
Products for control experiments
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) Antibody (#APC-002). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting KV1.3.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B). A biotin labeled primary antibody. It can be used in colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
Antibodies for live cell flow cytometry experiments
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect KV1.3 in live cell flow cytometry.
Antibodies for live cell imaging experiments
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-101). This antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and can be used to detect KV1.3 in live cells. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #AGP-005.
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. This antibody is the FITC-conjugated version of #APC-101 and is ideal for direct flow cytometry of live cells.
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B). A biotin labeled primary antibody. This antibody is the biotin-labeled version of #APC-101 and is ideal to detect KV1.3 in live cells.