This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)SNQLQSSEDEPAFVSK, corresponding to amino acid residues 454-469 of rat KV4.2 (Accession Q63881). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Expression of KV4.2 in substantia nigraImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse and rat brain sections using Anti-KV4.2-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APC-023-FR), (1:60). A. Mouse brain. B. Rat brain. KV4.2 staining (magenta) in both sections is detected in cells with neuronal outline (arrows). DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
KV4.2 possesses the signature structure of the voltage-dependent K+ channels: six membrane-spanning domains with intracellular N and C termini. As with other members of the voltage-gated K+ channel superfamily, the functional channel is a tetramer that can be composed of more than one member of the Shal subfamily, i.e. heterotetramers of KV4.1 and KV4.3.
The KV4 channels are characterized by activation at subthreshold membrane potentials, inactivate rapidly and recover from inactivation quickly compared with other voltage-dependent K+ channels. This type of current is known as transient A-type K+ currents. For example, depolarization-activated K+ currents in rat neostriatal cholinergic interneurons are predominantly of the A-type and attributable to coexpression of KV4.2 and KV4.1 subunits.2
The biophysical properties of the KV4.2 subunit can be modified by its association with auxiliary β subunits such as the KChIP family that increase KV4.2 current densities and accelerates both the inactivation and the recovery time.
KV4.2 is also highly expressed in the heart where together with KV4.3 underlie the fast inactivating and recovering cardiac transient outward current Ito.3
Several toxins from spider venoms are potent blockers (affecting the channels in the nanomolar range) of KV4.2 channels. Among these the most potent and selective are Stromatoxin-1 (#STS-350), (1.2nM), Phrixotoxin-1 (#STP-700), (5 nM), Phrixotoxin-2 (#STP-710), (34 nM) and Heteropodatoxin-2 (#STH-340), (100 nM).4
Species reactivity key:
Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#APC-023) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize KV4.2 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
Anti-KV4.2-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APC-023-FR) is directly labeled with an ATTO-633 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. ATTO 633 has a maximum absorption at 629 nm and a maximum fluorescence at 657 nm. The fluorescence is excited most efficiently in the range 610 to 645 nm. This label is analogous to the well-known dyes Alexa 647, Alexa 633 and Cy5. Anti-KV4.2-ATTO-633 Antibody is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#APC-023), (for western blot analysis).
- Guinea pig Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#AGP-038) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #APC-023.
- Anti-KV4.1 (KCND1) Antibody (#APC-119)
- Anti-KV4.3 Antibody (#APC-017)
- Anti-KVβ2 Antibody (#APC-117)
- Anti-KChIP1 (KCNIP1) Antibody (#APC-141)
- Anti-KChIP2 Antibody (#APC-142)
- Anti-KChIP3 (CSEN, DREAM) Antibody (#APC-143)
- Anti-DPP6 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-146)
- Anti-DPP10 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-147)
- Anti-KCNE4 (MiRP3) Antibody (#APC-129)
- Anti-SAP-97/DLG1 Antibody (#APZ-010)