- Peptide (C)KKDTDDQESQHESE, corresponding to amino acid residues 171 - 184 of rat KCNV1 (Accession P97557). Intracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1-2. Anti-KV8.1 (KCNV1) Antibody (#APC-139), (1:200).
3-4. Anti-KV8.1 (KCNV1) Antibody, preincubated with KV8.1 (KCNV1) Blocking Peptide (BLP-PC139).
- Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-KV8.1 (KCNV1) Antibody (#APC-139), (1:500).
2. Anti-KV8.1 (KCNV1) Antibody, preincubated with KV8.1 (KCNV1) Blocking Peptide (BLP-PC139).
- De Lera Ruiz, M., et al (2015) J. Med. Chem. 58, 7093-7118.
- Bocksteins, E., (2016) J Gen Physiol. 147, 105–125.
Voltage-gated K+ channels (KV) are large and diverse ion channel family with more than 40 members found in all kingdoms of life. The activity of KV results in the generation and propagation of membrane potential. A wide range of physiological activities are regulated via KV actions among them, cell signaling, proliferation and migration. KV divided into 12 sub-families, KV1- KV12 based on their amino acid sequence homology1.
The electrically silent voltage-gated K+ (KVS) is a subfamily of four KV (KV5, KV6, KV8 and KV9) that do not assembles into a functional homotetrameric channel. KVS is known to generate a functional heterotetrameric complex with KV2 subunits at the plasma membrane1,2.
KV8.1 is a member of the KVS family that was first cloned in 1996 and share 40% identity with other KV channels. Based on sequence homology KV8.1 appear to contain six transmembrane segments (S1-S6), and cytoplasmic N and C termini. Heterotetrameric Kv2.1/KV8.1 was found to have activation V1/2 of 10 to 19 mV and inactivation V1/2 of -63 mV. In recent studies Kv8.1 is found to be involved in epilepsy 2.
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-KV8.1 (KCNV1) Antibody (#APC-139) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot. It has been designed to recognize KV8.1 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-KCNC4 (KV3.4) Antibody (#APC-019)
- Anti-KCNF1 (KV5.1) Antibody (#APC-134)
- Anti-KCNG1 (KV6.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-135)
- Anti-KCNS1 (KV9.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-131)
- Anti-KV2.1 Antibody (#APC-012)
- Anti-KV2.2 (KCNB2) Antibody (#APC-120)
- Anti-KV4.1 (KCND1) Antibody (#APC-119)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV2.1 Antibody (#AGP-109)