- Peptide (C)ESHGEIMMTDLEKK, corresponding to amino acid residues 496-509 of mouse SLC47A1 (Accession Q8K0H1). 5th intracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat kidney (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain (lanes 2 and 5) and rat testis (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-SLC47A1 Antibody (#ANT-131), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-SLC47A1 Antibody, preincubated with SLC47A1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT131).
- Lee, J.H. et al. (2014) J. Agric. Food Chem. 62, 9690.
- Wright, S.H. et al. (1995) Pflugers Arch. Eur. J .Physiol. 429, 313.
- Jong N.N. and McKeage, M.J. (2014) Biopharm. Drug Dispos. 35, 450.
- Maron, L.G. et al. (2013) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 110, 5241.
- Wittwer, M.B. et al. (2013) J. Med. Chem. 56, 781.
MATE1 (SLC47A1) and MATE2 (SLC47A2) are multidrug and toxin extrusion transporter 1 and 2 function as cationic pumps in the kidneys, liver, and intestine1. Both MATEs excrete molecules with a positive net-charge from renal tubular epithelial cells in the kidney (where they are co-expressed with organic anion- and cation-transporters; OATs and OCTs), and into the urine. In the liver, MATE1, but not MATE2, regulates the transportation of tetraethylammonium (TEA) and 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium (MPP) – again, by cation-powered pumps2.
Fairly recent X-ray crystallography has revealed that mammalian MATE1 has 13 transmembrane helices and a long cytoplasmic tail. Cysteine and histidine residues are responsible for the protein's functionality1.
Overexpression of MATE1 is helpful in the delivery of metal-based anti-cancer drugs, such as cisplatin and oxaliplatin, as it effectively accumulates platinum intracellularly3. Furthermore, a rare increase in copy number of MATE1 in maize protects the plant from aluminum (Al) toxicity4. On the other hand, inhibition of MATE1 may lead to potentially dangerous drug-drug interactions, due to damaged drug extrusion regulation5.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of mouse Multidrug and toxin extrusion protein 1 (MATE1, SLC47A1). Anti-SLC47A1 Antibody (#ANT-131) can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize SLC47A1 from rat and mouse samples. The antibody will not recognize SLC47A1 from human samples.