This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)ASAESRDFSGAGGIGVFSE, corresponding to amino acid residues 467-485 of rat NaV1.2 (Accession P04775). Intracellular loop between domains I and II.
NaV1.3 - 12/15 amino acid residues identical.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain (lanes 2 and 4) membranes:1,2. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026), (1:1000).
3,4. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Immuno-colocalization of Melatonin receptor type 1B and NaV1.2 in rat paraventricular nucleusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat paraventricular nucleus sections using Anti-Melatonin Receptor 1B (MTNR1B) Antibody (#AMR-032), (1:600) and Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026), (1:2000). A. MTNR1B staining (red) (arrows). B. The same section labeled for NaV1.2 (green). C. Merge of A and B demonstrates partial co-localization of MTNR1B and NaV1.2 in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN). For orientation, note location with respect to the third ventricle (3rd V). Cell nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
- 1. Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- 2. Fang, X. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 7425.
- 3. Fjell, J. et al. (2000) NeuroReport 11, 199.
- 4. Baker, M.D. et al. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- 5. Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 13, 291.
- 6. Isom, L.L. (2001) Neuroscientist 7, 42.
- 7. Catterall, W.A. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 575.
- 8. Catterall, W.A. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28, 11768.
Voltage-gated sodium channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability.1 NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-NaV1.9.4-5 The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to Tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive (NaV1.1, NaV1.2, NaV1.3, NaV1.4, NaV1.6 and NaV1.7) and TTX-resistant (NaV1.5, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9).2-3
Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers, composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β subunits. The expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally regulated and tissue specific. Sodium channels in the adult central nervous system and heart contain β1 through β4 subunits, whereas sodium channels in adult skeletal muscle have only the β1 subunit.6,7
NaV1.2, also known as SCN2A, is primarily expressed in the central nervous system (CNS) and is localized in unmyelinated or premyelinated axons and dendrites. Mutations in the NaV1.2 channel have been identified in different types of epilepsy.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat NaV1.2 channel. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026) raised in guinea pigs can be used in western blot and immuhistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.2 from rat, human and mouse samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as immuno-colocalization studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsBlockers/Antagonists: small molecules