This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
NaV1.3 - 12/15 amino acid residues identical.
3,4. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- Fang, X. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 7425.
- Fjell, J. et al. (2000) NeuroReport 11, 199.
- Baker, M.D. et al. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 13, 291.
- Isom, L.L. (2001) Neuroscientist 7, 42.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 575.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28, 11768.
Voltage-gated sodium channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability.1 NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-NaV1.9.4-5 The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to Tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive (NaV1.1, NaV1.2, NaV1.3, NaV1.4, NaV1.6 and NaV1.7) and TTX-resistant (NaV1.5, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9).2-3
Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers, composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β subunits. The expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally regulated and tissue specific. Sodium channels in the adult central nervous system and heart contain β1 through β4 subunits, whereas sodium channels in adult skeletal muscle have only the β1 subunit.6,7
NaV1.2, also known as SCN2A, is primarily expressed in the central nervous system (CNS) and is localized in unmyelinated or premyelinated axons and dendrites. Mutations in the NaV1.2 channel have been identified in different types of epilepsy.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat NaV1.2 channel. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026) raised in guinea pigs can be used in western blot and immuhistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.2 from rat, human and mouse samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as immuno-colocalization studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
Products for control experiments
- Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002), (for western blot analysis).
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ASC-002-AR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsBlockers/Antagonists: small molecules