This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)DLGPRAYDRFPGDS, corresponding to amino acid residues 657-670 of rat NLGN2 (Accession Q62888). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membrane (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain membrane (lanes 2 and 5) and rat PC12 cells (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-036), (1:400).
4-6. Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of NLGN2 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of adult rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) using Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-036) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody. A. NLGN2 labeling (red) appears in the cell bodies of the DRG neurons. B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counter stain (blue). C. Merged image of A and B.
- Expression of NLGN2 in rat brainImmunnohistochemical staining of rat reticular thalamic nucleus using Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-036). A. NLGN2 staining (red) is detected in neuronal outlines (arrow). B. Nucleus staining using DAPI as the counterstain. C. Merged images of A and B.
- Expression of NLGN2 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of NLGN2 in intact living rat PC12 cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-036), (1:25), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody (red). B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstain (blue). C. Merged images of A and B.
Neuroligins (NLGNs) are a family of postsynaptic cell adhesion molecules that play an important role in synaptic development and function1. Four genes encode for the different members of the neuroligin family in mammals: NLGN 1-4, which are differentially enriched in postsynaptic specializations of synapses2. Neuroligin 2 (NLGN2) is expressed in neurons in the brain and also in pancreatic β cells where it facilitates insulin secretion3.
Synaptic maturation is promoted by the binding of Neuroligin 2 with presynaptic Neurexins, and these interactions are restricted to particular combinations of isoforms of the binding partners3. NLGN2 plays a role in synapse function and synaptic signal transmission, especially via γ-aminobutyric acid receptors (GABA(A) receptors). NLGN2 modulates signaling by inhibitory synapses, and thereby plays a role in controlling the ratio of signaling by excitatory and inhibitory synapses and information processing4.
Recent studied identified a loss-of-function mutation of NLGN2 in schizophrenia patients, suggesting an indispensable role of NLGN2 in regulating GABAergic functions5.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat Neuroligin 2. Anti-Neuroligin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-036) can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NLGN2 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Rat synaptic fraction lysate (1:1000).
Bohnsack, J.P. et al. (2016) Neuropharmacology 105, 124.