- Peptide (C)RRQAMKEMSIDQAK, corresponding to amino acid residues 828-841 of human NKCC1 (Accession P55011). 6th extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 5) and rat lung lysate (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-NKCC1 (SLC12A2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-071), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-NKCC1 (SLC12A2) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with NKCC1/SLC12A2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT071).
- Expression of NKCC1 in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of immersion-fixed, free floating rat brain frozen sections using Anti-NKCC1 (SLC12A2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-071), (1:100). A. NKCC1 staining (red) is detected in the cerebellar molecular layer (Mol). B. DAPI counterstain (blue) reveals the outline of cerebellar layers. C. Merge of the two images.
- Cell surface detection of NKCC1 by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-NKCC1 (SLC12A2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-071), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Expression of NKCC1 in human U-87 MG cellsCell surface detection of NKCC1 in live intact human U-87 MG glioblastoma cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells with Anti-NKCC1 (SLC12A2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-071), (1:50), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody (red). B. Live view of the cells. C. Merge of the two pictures.
The Na-K-Cl cotransporters are a class of membrane proteins that transport Na+, K+, and Cl- ions into and out of cells in an electrically neutral manner, in most cases with a stoichiometry of 1Na+:1K+:2Cl-. Na-K-Cl cotransporters are present in a wide variety of cells and tissues, including reabsorptive and secretory epithelia, nerve and muscle cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and blood cells.
Na-K-Cl cotransport plays a vital role in renal salt reabsorption and in salt secretion by intestinal, airway, salivary gland, and other secretory epithelia.1 Na-K-Cl cotransport activity is inhibited by "loop" diuretics, including the clinically efficacious agents, bumetanide and furosemide. The regulation of Na-K-Cl cotransport is mediated, at least in some cases, through direct phosphorylation of the cotransport protein.2
NKCC1 is one of two Na-K-Cl cotransporter isoforms that have been identified. NKCC1 is present in a wide variety of secretory epithelia and non-epithelial cells.3 NKCC1 is expressed in virtually all mammalian cells and is thought to play a housekeeping role in cell volume homeostasis and the common control of cytosolic ion content. NKCC1 does not use ATP but operates using electrochemical gradient for Na+ and K+ produced by Na+-K+-ATPase.4 There is considerable evidence that uptake of Cl− in immature neurons is mediated by NKCC1. High expression of NKCC1 in immature neurons plays an important role in maintaining high intracellular Cl−.5
Species reactivity key:
Anti-NKCC1 (SLC12A2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-071) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, live cell imaging, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NKCC1 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-NKCC2 (SLC12A1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-072)
- Anti-KCC1 (SLC12A4) Antibody (#AKT-001)
- Anti-Na+/H+ Exchanger 1 (NHE-1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANX-010)
- Anti-Na+/H+ Exchanger 2 (NHE-2) Antibody (#ANX-002)
- Anti-NCX1 (SLC8A1) Antibody (#ANX-011)
- Anti-NCX2 (SLC8A2) Antibody (#ANX-012)
- Anti-KCC2 (SLC12A5) Antibody (#AKT-005)