This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)SQQDSTSTDPKGLAQL, corresponding to amino acid residues 457-472 of rat P2X2 receptor (Accession P49653). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Expression of P2RX2 in rat brainImmunohistochemical staining of rat neocortex using Anti-P2X2 Receptor-ATTO-594 Antibody (#APR-003-AR). A. P2RX2 (red) is expressed in dendritic and axonal processes. B. Nucleus staining using DAPI as the counterstain (blue). C. Merge Images of A and B.
- 1. Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- 2. Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- 3. Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed 1, p. 405, Academic Press, San Diego.
- 4. Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- 5. Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- 6. Lê, K.T. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 7152.
- 7. Robertson, S.J. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 11, 378.
- 8. Dunn, P.M. et al. (2001) Prog. Neurobiol. 65, 107.
- 9. Kim, M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6347.
- 10. Chizh, B.A. and Illes.P. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 553.
The P2X receptors belong to the ligand-gated ion channel family and are activated by extracellular ATP.
The structure and function of the P2X receptors, which were mainly investigated using in vitro models, indicate their involvement in synaptic communication, cell death, and differentiation.
Seven mammalian P2X receptor subtypes (P2X1–P2X7) have been identified and cloned.1,2,3 All P2X receptor subtypes share the same structure of intracellular N- and C-termini, two membrane-spanning domains and a large extracellular loop. All P2X subtypes can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels with the exception of P2X6, which only seems to function as part of a heteromeric complex.4-9
The various mammalian P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns. P2X1-6 have been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is predominantly found in cells of the immune system.4 The P2X2 receptor subtypes has a widespread tissue distribution in autonomic neurons, but it is generally found to be co-expressed with one or more subtypes.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2X2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-003) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect flow cytometry, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2X2 receptor from rat, mouse, and human samples.
Anti-P2X2 Receptor-ATTO-594 Antibody (#APR-003-AR) is directly labeled with ATTO-594 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-594 fluorescent label belongs to the class of Rhodamine dyes and can be used with fluorescent equipment typically optimized to detect Texas Red and Alexa-594. Anti-P2X2 Receptor-ATTO-594 Antibody is specially suited to experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.