This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)KSDYLKHSTFDQDS, corresponding to amino acid residues 207-220 of rat P2X2 with replacement of cysteine 214 (C214) with serine (*S) (Accession P49653). Extracellular.
Will not recognize human P2X2.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membrane (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain membrane (lanes 2 and 5) and PC12 cells (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of P2RX2 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of P2RX2 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma cell line (PC12). A. Extracellular staining of cells with Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025), (1:50) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody. B. Staining of cells with DAPI used as the counterstain. C. Merged images of A and B.
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed 1, p. 405, Academic Press, San Diego.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Lê, K.T. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 7152.
- Robertson, S.J. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 11, 378.
- Dunn, P.M. et al. (2001) Prog. Neurobiol. 65, 107.
- Kim, M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6347.
- Chizh, B.A. and Illes.P. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 553.
The P2X receptors belong to the ligand-gated ion channel family and are activated by extracellular ATP.
The structure and function of the P2X receptors, which were mainly investigated using in vitro models, indicate their involvement in synaptic communication, cell death, and differentiation.
Seven mammalian P2X receptor subtypes (P2X1–P2X7) have been identified and cloned.1,2,3 All P2X receptor subtypes share the same structure of intracellular N- and C-termini, two membrane-spanning domains and a large extracellular loop. All P2X subtypes can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels with the exception of P2X6, which only seems to function as part of a heteromeric complex.4-9
The various mammalian P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns. P2X1-6 have been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is predominantly found in cells of the immune system.4 The P2X2 receptor subtypes has a widespread tissue distribution in autonomic neurons, but it is generally found to be co-expressed with one or more subtypes.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, live cell imaging, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2X2 Receptor from mouse, and rat samples. It is not suited to recognize human P2X2.
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-003). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2X2 receptor.
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor-ATTO-594 Antibody (#APR-003-AR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.