- Peptide (C)RENAIVNVKQSQILHPVKT, corresponding to amino acid residues 437-455 of rat P2X5 receptor (Accession P51578). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-P2X5 Receptor Antibody (#APR-005), (1:200).
2. Anti-P2X5 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with P2X5 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR005).
- Expression of P2RX5 in rat spinal cordImmunohistochemical staining of rat spinal cord frozen section using Anti-P2X5 Receptor Antibody (#APR-005), (1:100). P2RX5 staining (red) is specific for neurons in the anterior horn of the spinal cord. Hoechst 33342 is used as the counterstain.
- Human CD4+ and ckit+ cells (Kazakova, R.R. et al. (2011) Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 151, 33.).
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed. 1.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Torres, G.E. et al. (1998) Mol. Pharmacol. 54, 989.
- Greig, A.V. et al. (2003) J. Invest. Dermatol. 121, 1145.
- Greig, A.V. et al. (2003) J. Invest. Dermatol. 120, 1007.
- Slater, M. et al. (2000) Histochem. J. 32, 571.
- Afework, M. and Burnstock, G. (2000) Int. J. Dev. Neurosci. 18, 515.
The P2X5 receptor (P2RX5) belongs to the ligand-gated ion channel P2X family, which is activated by extracellular ATP. To date, seven receptor subtypes named P2X1-P2X7 have been described.1,2,3
All P2X subunits, with the exception of P2X6, can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels.4-5 The P2RX5 forms a heteromeric receptor with P2X1 receptor. The heteromeric receptor has distinct properties from the P2X1 or P2X5 homomeric receptors.4,6 The different P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns.
P2X1-6 have been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is found in cells of the immune system, particularly antigen presenting cells, and in microglia.
The P2X5 subunit was first cloned from rat heart, and was reported to be expressed in heart, brain, spinal cord and adrenal gland.
Recent papers suggested possible roles for P2X5 receptor in differentiation and apoptosis in keratinocytes and ageing rat prostate, respectively.7-10
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs offers a highly specific antibody directed against an intracellular epitope at the C-terminus of the rat P2X5 receptor. Anti-P2X5 Receptor Antibody (#APR-005) can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, and immunoprecipitation applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RX5 from rat and mouse samples. The antibody will not recognize the receptor from human samples.
- Anti-P2X5 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-027). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2X5.