- Peptide CPEGEMGTYSHGIK, corresponding to amino acid residues 136-149 of rat P2X6 receptor (Accession P51579). Extracellular.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-P2X6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-028), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-P2X6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with P2X6 Receptor (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR028).
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed 1, p. 405, Academic Press, San Diego.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Lê, K.T. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 7152.
- Robertson, S.J. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 11, 378.
- Dunn, P.M. et al. (2001) Prog. Neurobiol. 65, 107.
- Kim, M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6347.
P2X receptors belong to the ligand-gated ion channel family and are activated by extracellular ATP. P2X receptors are involved in synaptic communication and in diseases of the nervous system. The P2X receptor family consists of at least seven isoforms: P2X1-P2X7.1,2,3
All P2X subunits can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels with the exception of P2X6, which only seems to function as part of a heteromeric complex.4-9
P2RX6 is extensively expressed throughout the central nervous system.7
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat P2X6 purinergic receptor. Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-028) can be used in western blot applications. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is thus ideal for detecting P2RX6 in living cells. It has been designed to recognize P2RX6 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2X6 receptor.
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-003)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025)
- Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002)
- Anti-P2X4 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-024)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR)
- Guinea pig Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002-GP)