- Peptide SDEYLRSYFIYSMC, corresponding to amino acid residues 207-220 of human P2RY1 (Accession P47900). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Expression of P2RY1 in mouse brainImmunohistochemical staining of mouse hippocampus using Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#APR-021-AG), (1:80). A. P2RY1 staining (green) is detected in pyramidal cells (horizontal arrow) and in apical dendrites (vertical arrow). B. Nuclei staining using DAPI as the counterstain. C. Merged image of panels A and B.
- Cell surface detection of P2RY1 in intact living Jurkat cells:___ Unstained cells.
___ Cells + Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 antibody, (#APR-021-AG), (5 µg/5x105 cells.).
- Expression of P2RY1 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of P2RY1 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-P2Y1 receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#APR-021-AG), (1:50), (green).
- Wang, L. et al. (2002) J. Cardiovas. Pharmacol. 40, 841.
- Queiroz, G. et al. (2003) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 307, 809.
- Ralevic, V. and Burnstock, G. (1998) Pharmacol. Rev. 50, 413.
- Abbracchio, M.P. et al. (2003) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 24, 52.
- Jin, J. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 2030.
The P2Y receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptors superfamily. P2Y receptors mediate the actions of the extracellular nucleotides (ATP, ADP, UTP and UDP) and regulate several physiologic responses, among them, cardiac function, platelet aggregation and SMC proliferation.1
The mammalian P2Y family currently includes eight functional receptors; P2Y1, P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, P2Y11, P2Y12, P2Y13, and the UDP-glucose receptor, now renamed P2Y14.2-4
P2Y1 receptor is abundantly expressed in a number of tissues. In platelets, P2Y1 receptor is co-expressed with P2Y12 receptor, responsible for the initial shape change, aggregation, and rise in intracellular Ca2+ upon activation in response to ADP.5
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-021) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the human P2RY1. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, indirect flow cytometry and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY1 from mouse, rat and human samples.
Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#APR-021-AG) is directly labeled with an ATTO-488 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-488 label is analogous to the well known dye fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and can be used with filters typically used to detect FITC. Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.