This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
- Peptide (C)REVAPITRGQGDQR, corresponding to amino acid residues 623-636 of human PLXNA1 (Accession Q9UIW2). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Cell surface detection of PLXNA1 in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cell alone
___ Cells + Rabbit IgG isotype control-FITC
___ Cells + Anti-Plexin-A1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (APR-081-F), (2.5 µg antibody/0.5x106 cells).
- Cell surface detection of PLXNA1 in live intact mouse J774 macrophage cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + rabbit IgG isotype control-FITC
___ Cells + Anti-Plexin-A1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (APR-081-F), (5 µg antibody/0.5x106 cells).
The plexin family are transmembrane receptors, comprises four subfamilies- plexin-A, B, C, and D. In human, three members of the plexin-A subfamily have been isolated- plexin-A1, A2, and A3. Plexin A1 is encoded by the PLXNA1 gene.
These receptors are characterized by the presence of a conserved intracellular domain of about 600 amino acids known as the sex and plexins domain. This domain is strikingly conserved across the plexin family and consists of two blocks of high sequence conservation separated by a variable linker. The ectodomains of the plexin-A subfamily possess three repeats of the cysteine cluster/Met-Related Sequences.
Plexins act as signal-transducing components containing transmembrane domain of six Gly residues constituting a GxGGGGG motif.
Plexins act as functional receptors for members of the semaphorin family. Together they transmit repulsive axon guidance signals for semaphorins inside the axonal growth cone. The plexins act together with their co-receptors, neuropilins. Plexin-A1, in combination with neuropilins exhibits various functions in axon guidance, organogenesis, angiogenesis, tumorigenesis, and immune regulation1-3.
Plexin-A1 also plays an important role in the developmental stages of chick heart by working as a receptor for one of the transmembrane semaphorins. In addition Plexin-A1 expressed in dendritic cells is involved in T-dendritic cell interactions in the immune system4.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Plexin-A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-081) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize PLXNA1 from mouse, rat, and human samples.
Anti-Plexin-A1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-081-F) is directly conjugated to fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC). This labeled antibody can be used in immunofluorescent applications such as direct live cell flow cytometry.
- Anti-Plexin-A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-081), (for western blot analysis).
- Anti-Plexin-A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-082)
- Anti-Plexin-A3 (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-093)
- Anti-Neuropilin-1 (NRP1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-063)
- Anti-Neuropilin-2 (NRP2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-062)
- Anti-Semaphorin 3A (SEMA3A) Antibody (#ASR-051)
- Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-077)
- Anti-Semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-064)
- Anti-Semaphorin 4D (SEMA4D) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ASR-064-F)