- Peptide (C)NSLPMESTPHK*SRGS, corresponding to amino acid residues 605-619 of rat TRPV1 with replacement of cysteine 616 (C616) with serine (*S) (Accession O35433). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of TRPV1 in rat DRG:1. Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029), (1:200).
2. Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Rat TRPV1/VR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC029).
- Expression of TRPV1 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) frozen sections using Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029), (1:100) followed by goat anti-rabbit-ATTO Fluor-594 secondary antibody (red). TRPV1 is expressed in medium and small DRG neurons. Hoechst 33342 is used as the counterstain (blue).
- F11, rat DRG cell line (1:1000) (Goswami, C. et al. (2010) J. Cell Sci. 123, 2045.).
- Montell, C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. 9, 229.
- Clapham, D.E. (2003) Nature 426, 517.
- Moran, M.M. et al. (2004) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 14, 362.
- Clapham, D.E. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 591.
- Gunthorpe, M.J. et al. (2002) Trends. Pharmacol. Sci. 23, 183.
- Ross, R.A. et al. (2003) Br. J. Pharmacol. 140, 790.
- Tominaga, M. et al. (1998) Neuron. 21, 531.
- Agopyan, N. et al. (2004) Am. J. Physiol .Lung .Cell .Mol. Physiol. 286, L563.
- Reilly, C.A. et al. (2003) Toxicol. Sci. 73, 170.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells.1
According to IUPHAR the TRP family comprises of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three extra subfamilies are considered to belong to the TRP family; the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP).1-4 The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-6.5
TRPV1 channel has many activators among them heat, protons, vanilloids like capsaicin, reiniferatoxin (RTX), and lipids. This channel is associated with tissue injury and inflammation.6,7
TRPV1 is expressed predominantly in nociceptors and in sensory neurons.
Recent studies demonstrated involvement of TRPV1 in apoptosis where inhibition of the receptor prevented apoptosis.8,9
Species reactivity key:
Expression of TRPV1 in rat TGNs.Immunocytochemical staining of living rat trigeminal ganglia neurons (TGNs). Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029). Adapted from Meng, J. et al. (2016) Sci. Rep. 6, 21226. with permission of Nature Publishing Group.
Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the rat TRPV1 channel. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize TRPV1 from rat samples only.
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ACC-029-AG)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#AGP-118)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-039)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033)
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124)
- Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035)
- Anti-Human TRPV6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-028)
- Anti-Human TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-139)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- Extracellular-Targeted TRPV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-485)
- pH-Sensitive TRP Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-475)
- TRP Channel Antibodies for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#AK-370)
- TRPV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-211)
- TRPV1 Channel Activator Explorer Kit (#EK-115)
- TRPV1 Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-117)
- TRPV1 Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-114)