This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EKLINRVGPNGESR, corresponding to amino acid residues 161-174 of mouse RIC3 (Accession Q8BPM6). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-RIC3 Antibody (#ANC-020), (1:200).
2. Anti-RIC3 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of mouse heart membranes (lanes 1 and 4), rat heart lysate (lanes 2 and 5) and rat brain lysate (lanes 3 and 6):1-3. Anti-RIC3 Antibody (#ANC-020), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-RIC3 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of RIC-3 in mouse olfactory bulb and fornixImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-RIC3 Antibody (#ANC-020), (1:400), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. RIC-3 staining in mouse olfactory bulb shows staining in the external plexiform layer (EPL) and in some glomeruli (G). Arrows point at glomeruli with RIC-3 positive core. B. RIC-3 staining in mouse fornix is detected in neuronal profiles (vertical arrows) and neuronal processes (horizontal arrow). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
RIC-3 (Resistance to inhibitors of cholinesterase 3) is a conserved endoplasmic reticulum-resident protein that is known to be a chaperone for the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChR) and for the serotonin (5-HT3) channels1.
RIC-3 affects the maturation of multiple nAChRs which has been shown to facilitate nAChR assembly and trafficking3,4.
Multiple transcripts of RIC-3 displaying differential expression are detected in humans. The full-length transcript includes two transmembrane domains followed by a coiled-coil domain, a nonconserved N-terminus and C-terminus domain, which includes a second coiled-coil domain. The short isoform lacks the coiled-coil domains and is very conserved in mammals1,2,4.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-RIC3 Antibody (#ANC-020) is a highly selective antibody directed against an epitope of mouse protein RIC-3. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize RIC3 from human, mouse, and rat samples.
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α4 (CHRNA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-004)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α7 (CHRNA7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-007)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β2 (CHRNB2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-012)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β4 (CHRNB4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-014)