This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)RKQEYNGKIPRFRR, corresponding to amino acid residues 190-203 of mouse SEMA7A (Accession Q9QUR8). Extracellular.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain membranes:1,2. Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-077), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of human Jurkat T-cell leukemia cell line lysate:1. Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-077), (1:400).
2. Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of Semaphorin 7A in live intact human Jurkat T-cell leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-077), (5 µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
The semaphorins are a family of soluble and membrane associated proteins characterized by a conserved “sema” domain. They were originally described as axonal growth and guidance proteins required to guide neuronal axons to the right targets. Today, semaphorins are known to possess pleiotropic and important functions in several physiological and pathogenic processes, including heart development, vascular growth, tumor progression, immune cell regulation, angiogenesis and vasculogenesis1,2.
To date more than 20 types of semaphorin proteins have been identified. Semaphorin-7A, also known as CD108, promotes olfactory bulb axon outgrowth in the nervous system. It is also required for the appropriate formation of the lateral olfactory tract during embryonic development1.
Some of semaphorin-7A functions are mediated through β1-integrins and the transmembrane protein plexin C1 to which it binds exclusively. Studies show that in the airway remodeling of patients with chronic asthma, semaphorin 7A is a potentially important modulator of eosinophil profibrotic functions. In addition, semaphorin-7A plays an important role as an inducer of pulmonary fibrosis and liver fibrogenesis2.
The semaphorin family has been classified into eight subclasses. Unlike other semaphorins, which are integral membrane proteins, semaphorin 7A is anchored to the membrane by a glycophosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked sequence. The conserved amino‐terminal “Sema” domain of the protein includes arginine–glycine–aspartate sequence1.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Semaphorin 7A (SEMA7A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-077) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize SEMA7A from rat, mouse, and human samples.