This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)RLAVPPRETWTRQMD, corresponding to amino acid residues 46-60 of rat creatine transporter (Accession P28570). Extracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse heart (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain (lanes 2 and 5) and rat brain (lanes 3 and 6) lysates:1-3. Anti-SLC6A8 Antibody (#AGT-008), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-SLC6A8 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of human HepG2 liver hepatocellular carcinoma:1. Anti-SLC6A8 Antibody (#AGT-008), (1:200).
2. Anti-SLC6A8 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of creatine transporter in rat hippocampus and cortexImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-SLC6A8 Antibody (#AGT-008), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Creatine transporter staining (green) in the hippocampal CA1 region is detected in apical dendrites (arrows). B. Creatine transporter immunoreactivity (green) in cortex is observed in soma and apical dendrites of neurons (arrows). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
Creatine transporter (CRT, SLC6A8) is a member of the superfamily of Na+/Cl--coupled transporters for neurotransmitters and organic osmolytes. Creatine Transporter is responsible transports creatine to the blood-brain barrier and into neurons of the central nervous system (CNS). It plays an important role in the storage and utilization of cellular phosphate-bound energy mediated by creatine kinase. It is essential for maintaining brain creatine levels and central nervous system (CNS) functions1,2.
Creatine transporter is expressed in various tissues including brain, retina, skeletal muscle, and heart1. The transporter structure contains 12 membrane-spanning domains, a large extracellular loop containing sites for N-linked glycosylation between the third and fourth transmembrane domains. The amino- and carboxyl-termini of the transporter are intracellular3.
Creatine transporter is encoded by the SLC6A8 gene and loss-of-function mutations result in creatine deficiency resulting in cerebral creatine deficiency syndromes (CCDSs). These syndromes are the second-most common cause of chromosome X-linked mental retardation. Creatine concentration in the brain is greatly reduced in these patients and they show various neurodevelopmental disorders, including delays in speech and language development, seizures, mental retardation, autism and epilepsy1.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-SLC6A8 Antibody (#AGT-008) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat Creatine transporter. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize SLC6A8 from rat, mouse, and human samples.