- Peptide HKLSEKLNPSVLRC, corresponding to amino acid residues 822-835 of mouse TRPC3 (Accession Q9QZC1). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Guinea pig Anti-TRPC3 Antibody (#AGP-018), (1:400).
2. Guinea pig Anti-TRPC3 Antibody preincubated with TRPC3 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC016).
- Roedding, A.S. et al. (2013) Brain Res. 1517, 16.
- Feng, S. et al. (2013) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 110, 11011.
- Kohda, K. et al. (2013) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 110, E948.
- Lee, C.R. et al. (2013) J. Neurosci. 33, 1157.
- Ryu, H.J. et al. (2013) Cell. Mol. Neurobiol. 33, 575.
- Li, W. et al. (2012) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 109, 17087.
- Akita, T. et al. (2011) J. Physiol. 589, 3909.
- Kwan, H.Y. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 101, 2625.
- Rosenberg, P. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Aci. U.S.A. 101, 9387.
- Castellano, L.E. et al. (2003) FEBS Lett. 541, 69.
- Trevino, C.L. et al. (2001) FEBS Lett. 509, 119.
The Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) superfamily is one of the largest ion channel families and consists of diverse groups of proteins. In mammals, about 28 genes encode the TRP ion channel subunits. The mammalian TRP superfamily comprises six subfamilies known as the TRPC (canonical), TRPV (vanilloid), TRPM (melastatin),TRPML (mucolipins), TRPP (polycystin) and the TRPA (ANKTM1) ion channels.1-4
The TRPC subfamily consists of seven proteins named TRPC1 to 7 which can be further divided into four subgroups based on their sequence homology and functional similarities:
2. TRPC4 and TRPC5
3. TRPC3, TRPC6, TRPC7
They are highly expressed in the central nervous system and to a lesser extent in peripheral tissues.
TRPC3, TRPC6 and TRPC7 form non-selective cationic channels that are activated by the stimulation of GPCRs.
Different modes of activation, DAG and SOC, were described for the TRPC3 channel by different investigators working with heterologous expression systems.6,7
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse TRPC3 channel. Guinea pig Anti-TRPC3 Antibody (#AGP-018) raised in guinea pig can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize TRPC3 from mouse, rat and human samples. The antigen used to immunize guinea pigs is the same as Anti-TRPC3 Antibody (#ACC-016) raised in rabbit. Our line of guinea pig antibodies enables more flexibility with our products such as multiplex staining studies, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Anti-TRPC3-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ACC-016-AR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.