This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)KYSALNPRESWD, corresponding to amino acid residues 458-469 of rat TRPC4 (Accession O35119). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat and mouse brain lysates:1. Anti-TRPC4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-119), (1:200).
2. Anti-TRPC4 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of TRPC4 in rat brainImmunohistochemical staining of rat third ventricle region using Anti-TRPC4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-119). A. TRPC4 staining (red) is detected along the wall of the third ventricle (horizontal arrow) and astrocytic fibers extending from the wall (vertical arrow). B. Nucleus staining using DAPI as the counterstain (blue). C. Merge images of A and B.
- Expression of TRPC4 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of TRPC4 in intact living rat Pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-TRPC4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-119), (1:50) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody (red). B. Live view of the cells. C. Merged image of A and B.
- Moran, M.M. et al. (2004) Current Opin. Neurobiol. 14, 362.
- Clapham, D.E. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 591.
- Clapham, D.E. (2003) Nature 426, 517.
- Padinjat, R. and Andrews, S. (2004) J. Cell Sci. 117, 5707.
- Huang, C.L. (2004) J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 15, 1690.
- Liu, X. et al. (2003) J. Biol.Chem. 278, 11337.
The Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) superfamily is one of the largest ion channel families and consists of diverse groups of proteins. In mammals about 28 genes encode the TRP ion channel subunits. The mammalian TRP superfamily comprises six subfamilies known as the TRPC (canonical), TRPV (vanilloid), TRPM (melastatin), TRPML (mucolipins), TRPP (polycystin) and the TRPA (ANKTM1) ion channels1-4.
The TRPC subfamily consists of seven proteins named TRPC1 to 7 which can be further divided into four subgroups based on their sequence homology and functional similarities:
2) TRPC4 and TRPC5
3) TRPC3, TRPC6, TRPC7
They are highly expressed in the central nervous system and to a lesser extent in peripheral tissues.
TRPC4 can form heterotetramers with TRPC1. TRPC4, TRPC1 and TRPC5 can be activated either by Ca2+ store depletion or by GPCR stimulation pathways and are also assumed to form components of store operated channels in some cell types such as salivary gland cells, endothelial cells and vascular smooth muscle cells6.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-TRPC4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-119) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, live cell imaging, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize TRPC4 from mouse, rat, and human samples.
- Anti-TRPC4 Antibody (#ACC-018). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting TRPC4.