This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)REEEAIPHPLALTHK, corresponding to amino acid residues 464-478 of human TRPV3 (Accession Q8NET8). 1st extracellular loop.
- Expression of TRPV3 in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) using Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ACC-033-FR). A. TRPV3 staining (purple) is detected in DRG neurons. B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstain (Blue). C. Merge images of A and B.
- Expression of TRPV3 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of TRPV3 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ACC-033-FR), (1:25), (purple). B. Merge of A with live view of the cells.
- Montell, C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. 9, 229.
- Clapham, D.E. (2003) Nature 426, 517.
- Moran, M.M. et al. (2004) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 14, 362.
- Clapham, D.E. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 591.
- Gunthorpe, M.J. et al. (2002) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 23, 183.
- Tominaga, M. and Caterina, M.J. (2004) J. Neurobiol. 61, 3.
- Voets, T. et al. (2004) Nature 430, 748.
- Xiao, R. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283, 6162.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells.1 The TRP channels have six putative transmembrane domains (TM) with a pore domain between the fifth and the sixth TM, and all assemble as tetramers. Both the N- and the C-terminus of all TRPs are intracellular.3
According to IUPHAR, the TRP family is composed of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three additional subfamilies are also considered to belong to the TRP family: the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP).1-4 The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-6.5
Four members of the TRPV family have been described as a thermosensitive ion channels (TRPV1 to TRPV4). Each channel exhibits distinct thermal activation thresholds ranging from noxious cold (<17°C) to noxious heat (>52°C).6,7
TRPV3 is highly expressed in skin keratinocytes. It forms a nonselective cation channel that is activated by hot temperatures in the innocuous and noxious range. The channel is also expressed in oral and nasal cavities where it has been postulated to play a role in flavor sensation. TRPV3 is also implicated as a molecular target of some allergens and skin sensitizers.8
Species reactivity key:
Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of human TRPV3. The antibody can be used for western blot, immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical applications. As the antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope, it can be used as a tool to detect TRPV3 in live cells. The antibody has been designed to recognize TRPV3 from human, rat and mouse samples.
Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ACC-033-FR) is directly labeled with an ATTO-633 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. ATTO 633 has a maximum absorption at 629 nm and a maximum fluorescence at 657 nm. The fluorescence is excited most efficiently in the range 610 to 645 nm. This label is analogous to the well-known dyes Alexa 647, Alexa 633 and Cy5. Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody has been tested in immunohistochemical staining and is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033), (for western blot analysis).
- Anti-Human TRPV6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-028)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ACC-029-AG)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-039)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ACC-039-F)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#ACC-033-B)
- Anti-TRPV4 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-124)
- Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035)
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147)