- Peptide (C)GLNLSEGDGEEVYHF, corresponding to amino acid residues 715-729 of human TRPV5 (Accession Q9NQA5). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat kidney (lanes 1 and 3) and PC3 cell line (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:1,2. Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-TRPV5 Antibody, preincubated with TRPV5 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC035).
- Expression of TRPV5 in rat kidneyImmunohistochemical staining of rat kidney paraffin embedded section using Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035), (1:100). TRPV5 is expressed in collecting ducts (CD) in the renal cortex. Note that both proximal tubules (PT) and distal tubules (DT) are negative. Hematoxilin is used as the counterstain.
- Mouse kidney sections (Loh, N.Y. et al. (2013) PLoS ONE 8, e55412.).
- Expression of TRPV5 in PC3 cellsImmunocytochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed PC-3 cells with Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035), (1:100), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-555 secondary antibody (A). B. Same as in (A) but pre-treated with TRPV5 peptide antigen (1:20). Hoechst 33342 is used as the counterstain (blue).
- Montell, C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. 9, 229.
- Clapham, D.E. (2003) Nature 426, 517.
- Moran, M.M. et al. (2004) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 14, 362.
- Clapham, D.E. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 591.
- Gunthorpe, M.J. et al. (2002) Trends. Pharmacol. Sci. 23, 183.
- Hoenderop, J.G. et al. (2003) Pflugers. Arch. 446, 304.
- Peng, J.B. et al. (2003) J. Physiol. 551, 729.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells.1 According to IUPHAR, the TRP family is comprised of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three extra subfamilies are considered to belong to the TRP family; the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP).1-4 The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-6.5
TRPV5 (ECaC) and TRPV6 (CaT1) are unique members of the TRP family. Both are epithelial Ca2+ channels, form constitutively open channels, share high degree of homology (about 66%) with differences in the N- and C-terminus. TRPV6 and TRPV5 are expressed in a 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 dependent manner. In contrast to other members of the TRP family, TRPV5 and TRPV6 are highly Ca2+ selective and are expressed in Ca2+ transporting epithelia where they are assumed to have an important role in Ca2+ reabsorption.6,7 TRPV5 is preferentially expressed in the kidney.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of human TRPV5. Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035) can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize TRPV5 from human, mouse and rat samples.
- Anti-Human TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-139)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-039)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) Antibody (#ACC-032)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033)
- Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034)
- Anti-TRPV4-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#ACC-034-AO)
- Anti-TRPV6 Antibody (#ACC-036)
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147)