This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide CNFELLHFPRDHSN, corresponding to amino acid residues 157-170 of human ZACN (Accession Q401N2). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of PANC-1 (lanes 1 and 3) and Jurkat (lanes 2 and 4) cell lysates:1,2. Anti-Human ZACN (extracellular) Antibody (#AZC-001), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-Human ZACN (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of ZAC in Jurkat living cells:___ Unstained cells.
___ Cells + Anti-Human ZACN (extracellular) Antibody (#AZC-001), (5-10 µg/1x106 cells).
- The negative control antigen is not suitable for this application.
- Expression of Zinc-activated channel in human PANC-1 cellsCell surface detection of Zinc-activated channel in human intact living pancreatic adenocarcinoma (PANC-1) cells. Extracellular staining (green) of cells with Anti-Human ZACN (extracellular) Antibody (#AZC-001), (1:25) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488 secondary antibody. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
Over forty homologous proteins belong to the superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels. These members are divided into subfamilies, for example: acetylcholine, serotonin and glycine receptors.
A new member has been added to this superfamily – ZAC (Zinc-activated channel) which is expressed in humans and dogs but not in rodents1. Like all other ligand-gated ion channels, ZAC has four transmembrane domains and extracellular N- and C-termini. As its name states, the channel is activated by high concentrations of zinc.
ZAC mRNA was found to be expressed in the placenta, spinal cord, stomach, and fetal brain1. In another study, ZAC was identified using a computer-assisted program and was detected in similar areas (including pancreas and kidney), but also displayed minor discrepancies2.
Being that the channel is expressed in human and dog, deciphering its cellular/physiological functions will be challenging.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Human ZACN (extracellular) Antibody (#AZC-001) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human Zinc-activated ligand-gated ion channel. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, and indirect flow cytometry applications. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope, and is thus ideal for detecting ZAC in living cells. It has been designed to recognize ZAC from human samples only.