This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)ESVSEPRKSFMYSR, corresponding to amino acid residues 251-264 of mouse ZIP6 (Accession Q8C145). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse (lanes 1 and 3) and rat (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-ZIP6/SLC39A6 (extracellular) Antibody (#AZT-006), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-ZIP6/SLC39A6 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y (lanes 1 and 3) and human K562 chronic myelogenous leukemia (lanes 2 and 4) cell line lysates:1,2. Anti-ZIP6/SLC39A6 (extracellular) Antibody (#AZT-006), (1:400).
3,4. Anti-ZIP6/SLC39A6 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of ZIP6 in live intact human Jurkat T-cell leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-ZIP6/SLC39A6 (extracellular) Antibody (#AZT-006), (5 µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- 1. Matsui, C. et al. (2017) FEBS Lett. 591, 3348.
- 2. Takatani-Nakase, T. (2018) Biol. Pharm. Bull. 41, 1517.
- 3. Bin, B.H. et al. (2018) J. Immunol. Res. 2018, 9365747.
- 4. Bagheri, S. et al. (2019) Monoclon. Antib. Immunodiagn. Immunother. 38, 70.
- 5. Colomar-Carando, N. et al. (2019) J. Immunol. 202, 441.
- 6. Taylor, K.M. et al. (2016) Biochem. J. 473, 2531.
- 7. Kong, B.Y. et al. (2014) Mol. Hum. Reprod. 20, 1077.
ZIP6 (SLC39A6) is a zinc (Zn) transporter located on the cell membrane.
Zn is an essential heavy metal, part of numerous biological processes as an enzymatic co-factor, and also as an intracellular signaling mediator that recruits extracellular stimuli and determines the final outputs of various physiological pathways. Intracellular and extracellular Zn levels regulate many cellular processes such as autophagy, cell growth and death, and cell migration1,2.
Movement of Zn in and out of cells, across membranes, is regulated by zinc transporters. Zn transporter protein 6 (ZIP6) is a member of the ZIP family of Zinc transporters and of the LIV-1 sub-family. ZIP transporters contain 8 transmembrane domains with a cytoplasmic region between TM3 and TM4. LIV-1 subfamily members contain the HEXXH motif within TM5. They also exhibit diverse lengths of the N-terminal extracellular domain3.
The gene encoding this transporter has been shown to take part in estrogen receptor‐positive breast cancer and serves as a reliable marker of this disease. Overexpression of ZIP6 protein is also observed in prostate and kidney tumor cells4.
ZIP6 is also strongly upregulated during T-cell activation5. ZIP6 heteromerizes with ZIP10 for oocyte-to-egg transition and epithelial to mesenchymal transition in fetus development6,7.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-ZIP6/SLC39A6 (extracellular) Antibody (#AZT-006) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and indirect live cell flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize LIV-1 from rat, mouse, and human samples.