This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Chagot, B. et al. (2005) Protein Sci. 14, 2003.
Alomone Labs APETx2 inhibits ASIC3 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A.Time course of APETx2 (#STA-160) inhibition of ASIC3 channels current. Membrane potential was held at -60 mV, current was elicited every 50 sec by a transient applications of pH 5.5, and was inhibited significantly by 4 min applications of 0.5 µM and 1 µM APETx2, as indicated by horizontal bars. B.Superimposed traces of ASIC3 currents upon application of control, 0.5 µM and 1 µM APETx2 (taken from the experiment in A).
Natural APETx2 is a 42-amino-acid peptidyl toxin, originally isolated from the sea anemone Anthopleura elegantissima. APETx2 was shown to be a selective, potent and reversible blocker of the homodimer proton gated channel ASIC3. ASIC3 has been implicated in pain transduction associated with acidosis in inflamed or ischemic tissues. APETx2 directly inhibits the ASIC3 channel by acting at its external side of the channel in a pH dependent manner.
APETx2 also inhibits the hetromer ASIC2b-ASIC3 channel but does not inhibit the activity of ASIC1 isoform1.
Structurally APETx2 is related to APETx1 a toxin that targets HERG K+ channel1,2.
APETx2 (#STA-160) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Su, Y.S. et al. (2018) Neuropharmacology 130, 92.
- Zhou, R.P. et al. (2018) Gene 642, 230.
- Burgos-Vega, C.C. et al. (2016) Pain 157, 2722.
- Cao, Q. et al. (2016) Mol. Neurobiol. 53, 485.
- Fu, H. et al. (2016) Clin. Exp. Pharmacol. Physiol. 43, 193.
- Gao, M. et al. (2016) Eur. J. Ortho. 38, 577.
- Xu, X.X. et al. (2016) Eur. J. Pain 20, 552.
- Yu, X.W. et al. (2015) Glia 63, 483.
- Chen, W.N. and Chen, C.C. (2014) Mol. Pain 10, 30.
- Martinez-Rojas, V.A. et al. (2014) Pharmacol. Rep. 66, 964.
- Radu, B.M. et al. (2014) Cell Biochem. Biophys. 68, 9.
- Yan, J. et al. (2013) Headache 53, 1250.
- Izumi, M. et al. (2012) J. Biomed. Sci. 19, 77.
Explorer kitsResearch packs