Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the BDNF Basic Research Pack (#ESB-600). The Research Pack contains all you need for BDNF research: Antibodies to BDNF and its receptors, recombinant BDNF and specific pharmacological tools all in one economical package!
|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
|ANT-010||1 x 0.2 ml|
|BLP-NT010||1 x 40 µg|
|ANT-007||1 x 0.2 ml|
|BLP-NT007||1 x 40 µg|
|ANT-019||1 x 0.2 ml|
|BLP-NT019||1 x 40 µg|
|A-215||1 x 10 mg|
|G-145||1 x 25 mg|
|B-250||1 x 10 µg|
All neurotrophins are synthesized as preproneurotrophin precursors that are subsequently processed within the intracellular transport pathway to yield proneurotrophins that are further processed to generate the mature form. The mature form of BDNF is a non-covalent stable homodimer that can be secreted in both constitutive and regulated pathways.
BDNF conveys its activity by binding to two classes of receptors, a member of the Trk receptor tyrosine kinase family (TrkB) and the pan-neurotrophin receptor p75NTR. Binding of BDNF to the TrkB receptor triggers ligand-induced dimerization and autophosphorylation of tyrosine residues. This activates various signaling cascades such the MAPK, PI3K and PLCγ pathways that are involved in cell growth, survival and differentiation of neurons in the central and peripheral nervous system. Interestingly, recent evidence suggests that BDNF may influence target cell function via ion channel modulation. Ion channel activity in the target cells can be modulated by a TrkB-mediated mechanism that has not yet been determined. BDNF is able to block both KV1.3 and AMPA-subtype glutamate ion channel currents in sensory neurons, while it can induce activation of the TRPC3 cation channel in neurons and of the NaV1.9 Na+ channel in hippocampal neurons. These newly recognized BDNF actions underlie its “rapid” neuronal functions that include changes in neuronal excitability, plasticity and synaptic transmission.
- BDNF Premium Research Pack (#ESP-600)
- BDNF Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-600)
- Guinea pig Anti-BDNF Antibody (#ANT-010-GP)
- human BDNF-Biotin (#B-250-B)
- Recombinant human BDNF proDomain protein (#B-245)
- Recombinant human BDNF proDomain (Val66Met) protein (#B-445)
- Anti-p75 NGF Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#ANT-007-AO)
- Anti-TrkB (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ANT-019-AG)
- Human TrkB-Fc Chimera (#RPC-001)
- Neurotrophic Factor Explorer Kit (#EK-500)