Cat #: STB-470
Alternative Name K+ channel toxin γ-KTx 2.1, BeKm 1
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 4092 Da
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 2-10 nM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys7-Cys28, Cys13-Cys33, and Cys17-Cys35.
Molecular formula C174H267N51O52S6.
Activity BeKm-1 inhibits ERG1 K+ channel currents and has minimal effect on ELK1 K+ channels.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs BeKm-1 inhibits KV11.1 channel current expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of KV11.1 channel current inhibition by 10 nM BeKm-1 (#STB-470), as indicated (green). Membrane potential was held at -100 mV. Current was elicited every 10 sec by a 200 ms voltage step to 0 mV, followed by a 200 ms step to -20 mV. B. Superimposed traces of KV11.1 current after application of control solution (black) and of 10 nM BeKm-1 (green), taken from the recording in A.
References - Scientific background
Scientific background BeKm-1 was originally isolated from Mesobuthus eupeus scorpion venom. BeKm-1 toxin blocked hERG1 channels expressed in HEK 293 cells with IC50 of 3.3 nM.1 The native toxin blocked M currents in differentiated mouse neuroblastoma X rat glioma NG108-15 cells with IC50 of 33 nM.2
Target KV11.1 K+ channels
Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 09/11/2022
BeKm-1 (#STB-470) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- HEK 293 cells stably transfected with HERG (whole cell patch clamp).
Milnes, J.T. et al. (2003) FEBS Lett. 547, 20.
- Niculescu, D. et al. (2013) J. Neurosci. 33, 16729.
- Ji, H. et al. (2012) Eur. J. Neurosci. 36, 2906.
- Qu, Y. et al. (2011) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 337, 2.
- Abi-Gerges, N. et al. (2011) Br. J. Pharmacol. 164, 419.
- Gerlach, A.C. et al. (2009) Mol. Pharmacol. 77, 58.
- Xu, X. et al. (2008) Mol. Pharmacol. 73, 1709.
Explorer kits & Research packs
Shipping and Ordering information