Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Benzamil hydrochloride inhibits ASIC3 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of Benzamil hydrochloride (#B-160) inhibition of ASIC3 channels current. Membrane potential was held at -60 mV, current was elicited every 50 sec by transient applications of pH 5.5, and was inhibited significantly by a 4 min application of 50 µM Benzamil hydrochloride (horizontal bar). B. Superimposed traces of ASIC3 currents upon application of control and of 50 µM Benzamil hydrochloride, as indicated, taken from the experiment in A.
- Alomone Labs Benzamil hydrochloride inhibits TRPA1 currents induced by AITC in HEK-293 cells.Dose-response curve of Benzamil hydrochloride (#B-160) inhibition of human TRPA1-mediated increase in intracellular Ca2+. Cells were loaded with Calcium 5 dye, incubated with Benzamil hydrochloride, and stimulated with 1 µM allyl isothiocyanate (EC80). Changes in intracellular Ca2+ following stimulation were detected as changes in relative fluorescence (RFU).
Benzamil is commercially available as an inhibitor for acid sensing ion channels (ASICs) belonging to the Deg/ENaC family. The compound is also well known as a diuretic compound that is used for the management of congestive heart disease or hypertension. Intrathecal administration of benzamil demonstrates antinociceptive effects in several pain models in animals and humans through the inhibition of acid sensing ion channels4.
Benzamil hydrochloride (#B-160) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-NCX1 (SLC8A1) Antibody (#ANX-011)
- Anti-NCX2 (SLC8A2) Antibody (#ANX-012)
- Anti-NCX3 (SLC8A3) Antibody (#ANX-013)
- Guinea pig Anti-ASIC1 Antibody (#AGP-053)
- Anti-ASIC2a-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ASC-012-AR)
- Anti-ASIC3 Antibody (#ASC-018)
- Anti-ASIC4 Antibody (#ASC-015)
- Anti-ASIC5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-032)
- Anti-pan ASIC (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-031)
- Anti-ENaC α (SCNN1A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-030)
- Anti-ENaC β (SCNN1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-019)
- Anti-ENaC γ (SCNN1G) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-011)
- Anti-TRPA1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-037)